This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

COVID has made it difficult to celebrate beloved holidays such as Halloween, so it’s understandable if you’re feeling down. Here are 5 tips to get over the Halloween boos so that you can have a fantastic Halloween while also staying safe!

1. Have a spa night

• Life is extra stressful right now, and it’s important to allow yourself to relax. This Halloween, do some pampering. Take a relaxing bath (or shower!), do a facemask, and listen to some good music. Prioritize your safety, both physically and mentally, while still enjoying a spectacular holiday!

2. Eat Pumpkin Anything and Everything

• You might not get to go out this year, but you can still make Halloween feel like Halloween! Celebrate this year by getting creative with your favorite dishes or finding new recipes! Just be sure to try something pumpkin-flavored! (Some stellar examples include pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin pancakes, and pumpkin bread)

3. Get Dressed Up Anyways

• Just because you can’t go out doesn’t mean you can’t dress up! Getting ready is always half the fun, and it’ll allow you to take cute photos with your friends! This Halloween may look different, but that doesn’t make it any less special! As Mean Girls once said, “In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut, and no other girls can say anything about it.”

4. Decorate Your Living Space

• What’s the one way to make this year feel more normal during the Halloween season? Decorating for it, of course! String up pumpkin lights, skeleton decals, or even caution tape! Decorating for Halloween was always my favorite part as a kid. Find that inner kid in you and allow yourself to have a spooky Halloween while staying safe!

5. Spend Time Outside

• Halloween weather is the best kind of weather! (Usually) it’s not too hot, not too cold, and the leaves are changing! Go for a walk, get some fresh air, and enjoy the crisp feeling in the air that is so wholly Fall. If you’re really feeling adventurous, find a leaf pile to jump into as well!

Molly Sweeney

Augustana '24

Molly Sweeney is a journalism major at Augustana College. You can find her curled up reading a good book while it's rainy outside, playing with her dog Pepper, or drinking iced coffee. She hopes to one day break her coffee addiction in favor of a healthier habit.
Olivia Tonietto

Augustana '21

Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Augustana College, studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. Olivia writes for Her Campus with the hope to add to this amazing culture in a unique way by spreading positivity and a different perspective on this beautiful world we live in!