5 Study Tips Every Collegiette Should Consider

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

It is week 4, which means that finals are around the corner for most collegiettes; however, we are a week away from the glorious winter break. This does not mean that you have to stress out; instead,  you can consider some these wonderful tips that will make yo ur life easier while you survive your last two weeks of class at Augie during 2016.

1. Use a planner

A planner is a helpful tool to track the important dates when projects, papers, and exams are due. It will make your life less stressful since you will be able to space out your assignments; thus, you will have enough time to efficiently complete each one of them.

2. Avoid distractions

During this season, it is tempting to use Netflix or Hulu to watch a lovely Christmas movie or the Gilmore Girls revival. However, procrastination is your worst enemy during this time since you have to be super productive in order to achieve all your study goals at their assigned time.

3. Talk to your professors

If you have doubts about your assignments or you do not understand a topic you are covering in class, do not hesitate to use your professor as a reference. Go to their office hours, write them emails, talk to them after class; believe me, they will be very happy to help you clear your doubts. At the same time, you show them that you care and worry about your performance in their class.

4. Use the Reading and Writing Center

If you are struggling with a paper, citations, or you do not know how to start your essay at all, the Reading and Writing Center is the best tool you can have access to. The tutors are well qualified to help you in every single subject; also, it is free of charge. Plus, you can consider requesting an appointment with a faculty tutor if you need extra help, for example, in reading academic documents.

5. Get enough sleep

I know it is tempting to have all-nighters in order to finish all your school work or to study for a close midterm. Nevertheless, it is important that you get at least 8 hours of sleep every night in order to maintain your productivity throughout the day. Plus, without enough sleep, you will not be able to complete your everyday tasks effectively.

International sophomore at Augustana College who is pursuing a career in Political Science and History. Enjoys reading romantic novels, baking pastries, strong Nicaraguan coffee and traveling to get to know new cultures better. Passionate about globalization, women's rights and quality education for everyone. Proud member of Sigma Pi Delta social sorority.  "I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others."                                                        - Grace Kelly.
Augustana Contributor