Scenes from Auburn this Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

This week at Auburn was the year’s first Open Mic Night! The University Programs Council event is held every month on the third Tuesday of the month. Great student performers showed off their talents, from lip sync battles to slam poetry. Check out the next one October 20th, 5-7 p.m. in the Student Center Starbucks!

Everyone remembers Shia LaBeouf’s crazy antics, but someone decided to take things a step further! A popular meme of Shi LaBeouf was spray painted onto the back of a street sign near the village crosswalk. Just Do It!

(Photo Credit: Leah Burns)

Leah is an upcoming senior studying Biomedical Sciences at Auburn University. She hopes to work in the medical field and travel around the world. At Auburn, she is the President of Delta Epsilon Iota, Vice President of Gamma Beta Phi, and Assistant Director of Films for University Programs Council. She spends her time quoting movies she’s never seen, making up catchphrases, and petting all the animals she can get her hands on. She still believes that “fetch” can happen.