This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s Homecoming week here at the Loveliest Village on the Plains! School spirit is at a high, especially after our win last weekend. The campus is buzzing with plans of concerts, visitors and tailgates this week, making it difficult to focus on classes. But what events are happening during this exciting time? I checked out the list of events for this week to share with you, so grab your friends and make the most of Homecoming 2018!

September 27: John Pardi and Chris Lane Concert

Location and time: Campus Green at 7:30 p.m. (gates open at 6 p.m.)

UPC (University Program Council) has Jon Pardi and Chris Lane kicking off homecoming weekend 2018! Tickets are free for Auburn students, just bring your student ID and 2 canned goods for the food drive. Non-Auburn students can get tickets for $20. Visit www.pardiinauburn.com for more info and a map!

September 28: Auburn Family Friday Speaker Series

Location and time: Auburn Alumni Center Goodwin Room (317 South College Street) at 3:00 p.m.

Come learn about the “Power of Entrepreneurship and the Journey of an Entrepreneur” with another day of the Auburn Family Friday Speaker Series! The speakers for this day are Lakami Baker, managing director of Lowder Center for Family Business and Entrepreneurship and Russell Foundation Professorship in Entrepreneurial Studies; Haitham Eletrabi, ’13, ’14, Tennibot CEO; and Lincoln Wang, ’16, Tennibot chief technology officer.

September 28: History of the Auburn Creed and it’s Author, George Petrie

Location and time: Pebble Hill (101 S. Debardeleben Street) 4:00 p.m.

At Pebble Hill, you can learn about the history of our awesome creed and the man who wrote it, Dr. George Petrie. Another author, Mike Jernigan, wrote a book about Petrie called “Auburn Man: The Life and Times of George Petrie.” You can also tour the Scott-Yarbrough House, the oldest house in Auburn. There’s free parking, and you can walk to the homecoming parade!

September 28: Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally

Location and time: Downtown Auburn at 6:00 p.m.

Get pumped up for the football game with this year’s incredible parade and pep rally! The parade will have floats from organizations, the Auburn cheerleaders Auburn Tiger Paws, and the Auburn marching band. It will do a small loop around downtown and conclude with a pep rally on Samford Lawn. Check out the best views for it all in front of Samford Hall on College Street!

September 29: Coca-Cola Tiger Fan Fest

Location: Nichols Center Lawn (188 S Donahue Drive)

Stop by the Nichols Center Lawn and hang out with Coca-Cola! Every home game, you get a chance to enter giveaways, look at sponsor displays and find some cool products. Besides those cool reasons, there are also inflatables for younger Tiger fans and a DJ to get you excited for the rest of the day!

September 29: Auburn Hospitality Tailgate

Location: Auburn Alumni Center (317 South College Street)

Hosted by the Auburn Alumni Association, bring those alumni in your life by for a cool experience! There’s a kid zone, air conditioning, food and so much more, AKA something for everyone! Plus, admission is FREE so you have no excuse not to stop by.

September 29: Tiger Walk 

Location: Donahue Drive

An absolute must-see tradition, Tiger Walk gives fans a chance to join alongside our Auburn Tigers before the game! Cheer on our strong players as they make their way into Jordan-Hare from Donahue Drive. Grab your shakers and be part of this big celebration!

September 29: Spirit March and Pep Rally

Location: Donahue Drive

Similar to Tiger Walk, this tradition is essential for an all-out Auburn gameday! After the football team makes the walk down Donahue Drive, our marching band, cheerleaders, Tiger Paws and more will also make the journey into Jordan-Hare. They will perform as well, so don’t miss out on the special performances too!

September 29: Eagle Flight

Location and time: Jordan-Hare Stadium, 16 minutes before kick-off

Last on the pre-game traditions would be watching our beautiful eagle fly around Jordan-Hare, landing on the 50-yard line and filling us with pride and excitement for the game. Thanks to the Southeastern Raptor Center, we’re blessed to continue this tradition. Don’t forget to grab your shaker and yell “War Eagle!”

September 29: Auburn vs. Southern Mississippi

Location and time: Jordan-Hare Stadium at 3 p.m.

The main event of the weekend! Support our amazing Auburn Tigers in Jordan-Hare as we take on Southern Mississippi. Don’t forget to stay hydrated for when we roll Toomers after the game! 

September 29: Fans on the Field

Location: Jordan-Hare Stadium after the game

After the game, see what it’s like to be in Jordan-Hare from the perspective of the players by joining your fellow fans on the Pat Dye Field! Bring a camera for this opportunity, it’s special to the Homecoming game! Just watch out for the fresh paint on the field, it could stain (rip my cute black boots).

September 30: Brunch and Browse

Location and time: Downtown Auburn at 10 a.m.

For the last event of Homecoming 2018, enjoy special discounts downtown for shopping and yummy food! Here’s a list of the specials for the merchants:

• Behind the Glass – 25% off all shoes
  • The Drafthouse – $9 chicken and pancakes
  • Cellairis – 20% off repairs and accessories
  • Elisabet Boutique – 20% off purchase
  • Charming Oaks – 20% off purchase
  • The Collegiate Hotel – Beer & Bubbly Bar and Scarlet & Gold Pop-up Shop
  • Wrapsody – 15% off purchase
  • The Locker Room – $50 off any purchase over $150
  • The Hound – $10 bottle of mimosas and a special brunch item (pork benedict) for $12
  • Ellie Clothing – 20% off purchase
  • STAMP – All clothing buy 1 get 1 free
  • Frutta Bowls – 20% off bowls 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
  • Therapy Boutique – 15% off all items
  • THE LocAL Market – Bubbles bar
  • Mellow Mushroom – $3 Prosecco mimosa and $4.50 pepperoni bloody mary
  • Fab’rik – 20% off purchase
  • J&M Bookstore – 25% off women’s dresses
  • Ware Jewelers – 25% off select orange and blue jewelry
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.