This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s finally fall and if you’re in a relationship; that means couples costumes, a stroll through the park and any fall date you can think of. Maybe your guy is creative and surprises you with cute date ideas, or maybe he needs some help. Here are a few ideas that I’ve come up with:

1. Picnic on Samford Lawn

If you love Auburn, then you love Samford hall. With the weather finally cooling off, grabbing a blanket and sitting on the lawn with your S/O would be perfect. The two of you could head over to Toomer’s Drugs for lunch beforehand and bring your food over. Whether your relationship is just blooming or you’ve been together for years, this is a great, classic date for any couple. 

2. Hiking at Chewacla 

The trails and waterfall out at Chewacla State Park are beautiful. If you and your S.O are the adventurous type, then this is the place for you. You can hike the trails and explore the park and its beauty together. 

3. Spooky Hollow Haunted Farm

For those thrill-seeking couples, check out Auburn’s very own haunted farm together. There is a haunted hayride, house and maze along with a free petting zoo—who doesn’t love a petting zoo? This is a great way to get into the Halloween spirit with your S/O. 

4. Cook together

Cooking together is a great way to bond with your S/O. If either of you have a favorite meal, make it together. This is a cheaper, more fun alternative to going out for dinner. 

5. Pumpkin Carving

Another way to get into the fall/Halloween spirit is by carving pumpkins with your S/O. You can place it outside of your apartment to put your work on display.   

I'm an involved Sophomore at Auburn University with a passion for writing.  I've grown up as a Navy Brat which has placed structure into my life.  I enjoy helping others in my free time as it brings joy to my heart.  I believe in Auburn and love it.