stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Create Your Morning Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Summer is over, which means it’s time to get back into your morning routine for school. It can be hard to adjust at first, but you don’t have to stress because there are simple solutions to get you back into the swing of things!

Get enough sleep!

Sleep is the most important thing that college students tend to neglect. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier! I promise that going to bed a little earlier won’t ruin your social life. Give up your bad habit of refreshing Instagram ten times before putting your phone down for the night. Your friends’ pictures will still be there in the morning. Adding waking up early to your daily routine will make you healthier and happier.

Have Your Things Ready Before You Go to Bed

You’ll have more time in the mornings if everything is ready to go. Have your bag packed and clothes laid out the night before. This will give you more time to make some coffee and eat a good breakfast.

When Your Alarm Goes Off, GET UP!

Don’t press the snooze button and don’t go back to sleep. The moment your alarm goes off, get out of bed. Drinking a cold glass of water and stretching are both good ways of waking your brain.

Beat the Clock

Leave your dorm five minutes earlier than you normally would. Always have a backup plan in case your plan of transportation fails last minute. Plan for the transit system to not always be reliable for getting you to class on time. It always helps to make sure you have friends that commute if you live off campus as well.

Keep to Your Routine

Discipline yourself to keep to your routine so it becomes a habit. After a while you won’t even have to think about what to do to get ready in the morning because you’ll do it naturally. Make your routine something you do everyday too, even on the weekends! Sure, it’s not realistic to plan on waking up early every single day, especially when you decided to go out the night before, but don’t abandon your routine on the weekends for no reason!

Sarah is currently a junior at Auburn University majoring in Graphic Design. She is in love with container gardening, music festivals, sunshine, and record stores. Some of her talents include getting hooked on tv shows with too many episodes and practicing amazing self control when it comes to online shopping. Her future aspirations include moving back to her hometown of Atlanta after graduating to pursue a career as a designer. Find her on instagram @saranspluey