This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Corinne is a junior studying psychology with hopes of attending grad school upon graduation next spring. Making Auburn’s Dean’s List is quite the achievement but an academic footprint is not the only mark that she has left on campus; Corinne is secretary for the nationwide, all girls’ fitness and empowerment organization known as CHARRG. She also holds office as treasurer in PSI CHI, the international honor society of psychology. Get to know Corinne and how she balances academics, extracurriculars and just being a collegiate!

Being involved in so much around campus must be stressful, how do you handle it?

I have mental breakdowns just like every other college student; however, I have my sorority sisters and my CHARRG girls to lift me up when I am stressed. They are also always available to get ice cream when I call them. Also, coming home to my sweet guinea pig Prudence, who always greets me with happy squeaks, helps me cope with everything.  

What have you gained from being a leader in these two amazing organizations?

Summer of my freshman year I was clinically diagnosed with anxiety and depression. When I found CHAARG a year later, the women of this organization inspired me to exercise and love myself the way I am. When I decided to apply to the exec board of CHAARG I was nervous and hesitant but when I found out I had been accepted, I felt the love and support from the other executive members and came out of my shell.

Do you have any advice for someone wanting to take that leap out of her comfort zone?

Apply for everything that you possibly can and join every club that you show any interest in. You will find your true place on Auburn’s Campus just as I found mine.

What are some hobbies that you love to do in your spare time?

Most of my spare time is spent catching up on sleep but I love to watch Netflix and knit (this is a great way to relieve stress, I 10/10 recommend everyone try it!)

The semester is quickly coming to a close; do you have any fun summer plans?

Yes! I will be traveling to New Zealand for an incredible internship, doing research and helping to conduct clinical studies in psychology. I’m taking a little detour at the end of my 8 weeks to Australia. It’ll be the first time I’ve ever traveled alone but I am excited to “find myself” abroad. 

Animal Science major with a passion for writing. Crazy cat lover, avid diet coke drinker and a shopping addict.