5 Reasons Good Vibes Worldwide Should Be Your Life Motto

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

For anyone that knows me, I have had the same three words covering my room and in my Instagram bio since I was a little 6th grader: Good. Vibes. Worldwide. Yes, I get it it can sound lame and way overused, but I’ve been living out this motto since before it was cool. I’m here to let you in on my 5 little secrets on how I’ve been living my life with loads of joy and happy energy.

1. Find people who pull the magic out of you rather than the madness

Trust me, I have been through my share of friendships that weren’t the ones I needed. Once that realization hits you and you move on to ones that light up your life, you’ll be ever so grateful. When you surround yourself with good people, you will see that they make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger and live your life a little bit better, and what more could you want? Collect these people, never let them go, protect them and love them with all you’ve got.

2. Think positively

If you have good thoughts, then more than likely the words that flow off your tongue will be good too. These positive thoughts will shine through you and make you as radiant as the sun and personally, that is the most attractive thing in any person.

3. Take care of yourself

If you’re too hard on yourself, take a moment and sit back. Sit there and marvel at your past. Reflect on the grief and heartbreak that softened your heart, the suffering that has only made you stronger and the advice you’ve received that has made you wiser. Through all of this, you are growing, whether you choose to believe it now or not. You owe it to yourself to let the love that you freely show and give to other people come back to you and from there you will be a happier and healthier person.

4. Let it go

Letting go is so difficult, it’s honestly one of the hardest things in the world. But let’s be real, you are only hurting yourself more by holding on to the bitterness and resentment. I know that letting go is very different for everyone depending on the situation. Maybe you need to take all the pictures of your old best friend down, maybe you throw away all the keepsakes from your last relationship or maybe you tell yourself every day that it wasn’t your fault. Whatever it is that is eating away at you has got to go, because that negative energy could be better spent working towards a better you and a lifetime of happiness.

5. Be powerful

Be the person that is never afraid to speak up in a room full of people. Be the person that constantly smiles even if there is no reason to. Be the person who stands up for what they believe in. Be the person that loves freely and generously. Be the person that spreads the word of God even if it’s in the smallest way, if you believe in that. Be the person who never seeks revenge. Be this person because people like this are the most powerful, rare and beautiful.

These 5 tips are difficult to just follow but every little step in the right direction will lead you to feeling happier and those good vibes will spread quicker than a wildfire.

Lily Haire

Auburn '21

Lily is a junior seeking a Marketing degree here at Auburn University. This is her third year with Her Campus and she LOVES it!  When she isn't studying hard and working on Her Campus, she enjoys jamming to music in the car, working as a staff member for the Glomerata, reading all things F. Scott Fitzgerald, eating peanut butter straight outta the jar, and watching Netflix. Some of her favorite things include sunsets, beaches, good food, and cuddling with her goldendoodle and german shepherd pups.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.