This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Fall (AKA The Best Time of the Year) is here. And we at Her Campus Auburn are only trying to make your fall as relaxing and enjoyable possible. “How,” you may ask? Simple, check out the 5 essentials for Fall below:

5. Fall Playlist

The perfect mood setting playlist to get you in the spirit of PSL season is important. Many artists have been releasing new singles, EPs and albums to help with just that. Classic albums like Bon Iver’s “For Emma, Forever Ago,” and The 1975’s self-titled album are always a great addition to your playlist. Check out Billie Eilish and Khalid’s new music to add also!

4. Books

I know, its hard to read when there’s all that studying going on, but taking a break to dive deeper in a world without midterms and everyday stress is important. “The Hate U Give” (which is now a major movie in theaters now), “The Sun and Her Flowers,” and “The Witch Doesn’t Burn In This One,” are three great books to read this fall.

3. Candles

An obvious one, but candles really can change your whole mood. Three great places to look for the perfect fall-scented candles are Anthropologie, Bath and Body Works and Target!

2. Sweaters

Staying warm is important, for health and fashion purposes. The best sweaters of the season are at Urban Outfitters and H&M! If you’re trying to spend less, and get the same quality items, check out Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe!

1. Go Outside

Last but definitely not least! Sure we love the idea of fall and all it has to offer, but go out and enjoy it. Whether it be at a pumpkin patch, haunted farm or just picnic with friends! The fall weather in the south allows you to go outside without getting blown away, so go enjoy it!

Love for music, fashion, lavender, and Winston Bishop