bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Maintain the Perfect Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

We all struggle with our skin. Whether it’s dry, oily skin, or skin that’s in between, our skin can give us a run for our money when it comes to buying tons and tons of products to help take care of it. But why spend all that money on drug store products that don’t work, when all you need to do is take care of your skin naturally at home? Here are 3 keys to maintaining your skin the natural way.

Nutrition

Drinking water is crucial. It can help clear out any toxins and keep you hydrated as well. Staying hydrated is crucial because your skin needs to feel refreshed and hydrated in order for it to glow and function well. 

Eating healthy is also key. Too much sugar, candy, or greasy foods can affect the presentation of your skin. Eat more berries! They hold the key, antioxidants. Antioxidants are very good for the skin — they help nourish the skin and make it glow. 

Protection/Treatment

If you moisturize your face (which you should be) you might as well go ahead and put on that sunscreen. Sunscreen helps with aging and, of course, any form of skin diseases. Even if you’re not going to the beach or laying out for a tan, putting on sunscreen every day will still be very helpful in the long run. It will protect your skin even when you don’t realize it needs protection!

As for products, getting the right product for your skin is important so find something that will work for your skin. Talk to a doctor or a dermatologist about what products you should use. Trying home remedies will probably do the trick as well! Lemon, sugar, and honey are great components for making a home remedy face scrub. 

Hygiene

Sleep is definitely a priority. It’s crucial for a lot of different types of health benefits, but you have to get some snooze in for your body to function properly. For people who have stress acne, sleep is very vital for them. Not getting enough rest and stressing a lot, can eventually show up on your skin, and that’s not something you want to show off. 

Making sure you wash your face everyday is also a must. Take off all that makeup! It’s not good to sleep with it on. A little effort in washing your face and taking off that makeup, will definitely help you in the long run. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is not just good for your skin, but for your overall body and health. Making sure you get enough sleep, washing your skin, and eating right are all part of a good healthy lifestyle. Using these key tips will definitely help with skin maintenance and overall health.

Rep Image

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3