yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Our Top 5 Favorite Costumes for Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Are you and your BF in a slump in not knowing what to wear for that Halloween party next week? No worries, we have our top 5 favorite costumes you can easily DIY or purchase at any costume shop!

Danny Zuko and Sandy Olson

These two characters are a classic duo! Ladies, for your Danny, have him wear black jeans, a black shirt (how tight you want it depends on him) a pair of chucks and hair gel to get that cool, slick back hair. For Sandy, all you need is a pair of leather leggings, a black off-the-shoulder blouse, a wide belt and red pumps.

(photo courtesy of pinterest.com)

Waldo and Wenda

Dressing up as your favorite childhood book series is fun and super easy to accomplish, especially when it comes to Waldo and Wenda. All you need is two red and white striped shirts and beanie, a pair of blue jeans (or skirt for Wenda), and black rimmed glasses. Simple, right?

(photo courtesy of pinterest.com)

Kate Middleton and Prince Harry

As Lorde would say,”we’ll never be royals” but that doesn’t mean we can’t dress like them. To pull off the Dutchess of Cambridge look, you’ll need is a brown wig, or color your own locks that way, a royal blue knee length dress with long sleeves, black pumps, and a blue ring. For your prince, have him dress up in a dark suit and tie and voilà, you’ll be transform as the royal couple.

(photo courtesy of dailymail.co.uk)

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark

You can even dress up as the archery and baker pair from District 12. To dress up as this heronie, you’ll need a pair of cargo pants, a black shirt, a light brown jacket and boots. And to tie it all up, braid your hair to one side. For Peeta, have him wear cargo pants as well, a black shirt and boots. Easy peasy.

(photo courtesy of pinterest.com)

Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan

Fitzgerald’s literary classic has been this years most buzzed about novel, so it’s safe to say that dressing up as this Jazz Age inspired pair won’t be cliche. You’ll need a drop-waist sequin dress, a feathered headband, long necklaces, black (or nude) colored pumps and a coin purse. To dress up as Gatsby, wear a black or white suit with a bow tie and parted your hair to the side to give it that 1920’s look.

(photo courtesy of pinterest.com)

What costumes will you collegiettes wear this year? Let us know in the comment box below!

Caroline Ortiz is currently a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Film and Media Production. She co-founded the ASU Her Campus branch at her university in the spring of 2013 and is very happy to be a part of the Her Campus team! Apart from being involved with Her Campus, she is the Chief of Staff for ASU's Programming and Activities Board (PAB), a student run organization that strives to give their student body the best Sun Devil experience, Secretary of Las Hermanas of the Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, a club striving to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to University Latinas, a Trendspotter for MTV Insights, and was previously a Cosmopolitan Magazine Campus Representative! When she is not busy studying Literature (which requires reading endless amounts of Norton Editions) participating in PAB, Las Hermanas or crewing for a film, she enjoys her time off reading YA novels, magazine, shopping and brainstorming new and exciting things for HC ASU. Her ultimate goal is to move to a metropolitan city and become an Editor-in-Chief for a publishing house or crewing for a feature film!