Food That’ll Help You Savor The Moment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Are you staying home and cooking for Valentine’s Day and have no clue what to cook? Don’t worry because the Her Campus ASU ladies have got you covered! Here are some of the most delicious and savory recipes that can be made to celebrate the lovely holiday:

First things first, STEAK. Don’t worry, it might seem intimidating, but you will definitely impress yourself by how amazing it tastes. Especially when you’ve cooked it yourself. First,  season the steak GENEROUSLY. Add some olive oil, salt, pepper and whatever else your heart may desire. Then place the steak on a pan and cook. Flip in 90 second intervals for about 6-10 minutes. Note: This varies on how you like your steak cooked. Once you’re done, put on a plate and let it sit for 3 minutes too cool. BAM, you got yourself a freshly cooked steak.

One of the easiest, yet hardest things to make, but you can never go wrong with is chicken. In my opinion,  cooking chicken breasts is the way to go. Simply cut up the chicken into pieces and season to your preference. You know, some garlic salt and pepper and whatever else you may have in mind. Heat up some oil in your pan on medium-high, wait a few minutes, and add your chicken. Flip every 4-5 minutes until cooked.

These next two aren’t really cooking, but you can totally play it off as if you’ve cooked it yourself. Also, if you and whoever you’re eating with are vegan/vegetarian, these are some easier options:

You can never, I mean NEVER go wrong with a frozen pizza. Plus, they will never say no to this classic dish. Depending on the brand, you can find yourself a really nice pizza and have a less stressful time trying to cook it.

meat cheese pizza on wood plate
Photo by Jakub Kapusnak from Foodies Feed
Last but never least, a personal favorite, macaroni and cheese. Making it out of the box is still technically cooking, but once it’s done add pepper and some toppings for a little flare. There you have it, boxed mac & cheese disguised as a home cooked meal.

With any of these meals, you have plenty of options for your sides. Some rice, veggies, bread or absolutely anything. Regardless of who you are making this meal for , it should be the one thing you don’t need to stress about.

With that being said, Happy Love Week and most importantly, Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hello! Melanie is from Southern California, more especially Indio & yes, that is where Coachella Fest is located. She is majoring in Journalism with a focus in Public Relations as well as perusing a minor in Women and Gender Studies and another minor in Art History. She enjoys going to the gym, listening to podcasts and watching youtube. Some of her favorite things in life are interior designing/decorating, coffee, plants and astrology. LOL what a Leo :)