5 Things To Do Over Fall Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Feel like crying forever? Or want to just toss all your textbooks out the window? Or are you about to punch a wall due to the overwhelming stress of college life? Well before you do, good news lies ahead. ASU students get four days free from classes, papers and homework! Even if you are staying here in Arizona for the break, there are plenty of things you can do during these four days of Paradise 2k15.

1) Binge it up.

A new month is here and that means new movies and shows have been added to the almighty bae Netflix. You know that new series that you’ve been dying to watch? Get some snacks, lock that door and get rolling girl! Or if you are feeling sociable, maybe invite a couple of friends over for a movie night or even that cute boy on your floor for some potential Netflix and chill? Check to see what movies have been added this month to Netflix h ere.

2) Take on the town.

Being at ASU, we have some of the greatest spots located right by campus. Tons of restaurants, clubs and sporting events all lie within walking distance or just a light rail ride away! Gather up the remaining members of your squad who aren’t back home and head out for the night! Tempe has Mill Avenue, which is home to some delicious food and treats (SLICKABLES4EVER). If Tempe is too crazy, head over to Downtown, which has awesome food and is sports central here in Phoenix! All the Snapchats and Instagrams will easily make your fellow ASU friends at home uber jealous!

3) Game night.

Who doesn’t love board games (A: nobody). Grab some pals and a few pizzas and have game night! You can go old school with good ol’ fashion Uno or Chutes and Ladders or jazz it up a bit with Twister or Cards Against Humanity. It’s a perfect night in and by not going out, you save some money for when you actually wanna go out and party. Stay clear of Monopoly if you don’t want to cause bitter feuds with anyone in your group and/or potential friend breakups. There is no fun in Monopoly; it will cause World War III.

4) Get Physical.

If you don’t want to be a couch potato this weekend and would rather go run a marathon than do a Netflix one (power to you), head on out to the Sun Devil Fitness Complex or hike A Mountain! A day of being active will make your stress melt away and you feel 100 times better and happier (thanks Endorphins). If you are feeling adventurous, grab a friend or two and take a hike up to A Mountain! It’s a fairly easy hike so first time hikers won’t be huffing and puffing trying to make it up. Bonus: take the hike either at sunrise or sunset. It will be cooler than the middle of the day and the view is perfect for photos!

5) SLEEEPPPPP

If you don’t feel like being an active member of society this week and would rather be in your bed, I don’t blame you. College students need their sleep and if you keep staying up until 2 in the morning and waking up 5 minutes before your 10 a.m. class, then you DEFINATLEY need it! Catching up on your Z’s can boost your immune system as well as make you feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the second half of the semester! Sleeping in really does make the difference and you will feel like the “100” emoji when class resumes on Wednesday.

Studying journalism at Arizona State University! I'm a native of Orange County and lover of pop culture, Netflix, and Ben and Jerry's. You can find me at Starbucks talking about Grumpy Cat and my future with Bradley Cooper.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.