4 Dorm Room Recipes You Should Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Most people think that their college diet will mostly consist of fast food and bland frozen dinners, but that might not be the case anymore. Here are unique recipes that can be made with the help of your dorm room microwave.

Ramen: Instant Ramen is a rather boring college food, but here are a few hacks to make this your Ramen a little more interesting. The first hack is a way to make ramen and leftovers interesting. The second hack is a very popular Ramen hack that is quite unusual.

Ramen Dump:

1. Cook the ramen how according to the directions on the box.

2. Take any left over meat or veggies and dump them into the Ramen.

3. Elevate your Ramen even more by adding your left over hot sauce and soy sauce packets.

Cheesy Ramen

1. Cook the Ramen according to the directions.

2. Drain the water from the noodles.

3. Add a piece of American cheese to the noodles and stir.

Cheesy Ramen sounds like a really weird food combination, but there are a lot of college kids who swear by it.

Photo: Kirbie’s Cravings

Pancakes: This is super simple two-ingredient recipe that will allow you to have pancakes in the comfort of dorm. You will be able to make fresh pancakes anytime you want with just premade pancake mix, some milk, and a mug.

1. In a mug, add ¼ cup of dry pancake mix and 1/8 cup of milk.

2. Stir until batter is smooth in texture.

3. Heat for 1 minute.

Photo: thewomentalk

Rice Krispy treats/Cereal bars: This is a really easy dorm room recipe that can feed a lot of people. All that is needed is your favorite cereal, marshmallows and a tray

1. In a bowl, heat marshmallows for 30 seconds.

2. Pour some cereal in the tray and add the heated marshmallows.

3. Fold the mixture together and spread it out on the tray.

4. Cut into individual portions.

Freshman studying Sports Journalism! Lover of coffee, cats, and animals dressed as people
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.