Edited by: Mihir Khanna
“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.”
When the air turns cold and leaves show shades of red and gold, you know fall is finally, finally here!!!
Keywords: Fall, Skincare, Capsule Wardrobe, Fall Colors, Fall Drinks, Nostalgia, Comfort, Fall Fashion Trends, Fall Playlist, Embracing Change, Fall-Themed Room Decor, Fall Watchlist, Fall Reading List
Nurturing Your Skin – Transitioning Your Skincare Routine for Fall
Let’s remember to take care of ourselves to ward off dry, scaly skin and chapped lips.
Here are some simple tips to keep your skin glowing:
- Hydration is key. The only things drying up in the fall should be leaves. So with the air getting crisper, it’s essential to keep your skin hydrated with a rich moisturiser, hydration-locking serums, and shea butter.
- Don’t Forget Sunscreen: Although you might not see the sun, those sneaky UV rays still linger year-round, so protect your skin with sunscreen.
- Exfoliate Gently: To maintain a radiant skin, continue exfoliating, but opt for gentle exfoliants in the fall. Harsh exfoliation can strip your skin of essential oils, which are needed to combat the drying effects of colder weather. Consider using a chemical exfoliant with ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) to remove dead skin cells and encourage cell turnover.
- Invest in a good lip balm. The skin of your lips is thinner and more delicate. Invest in a nourishing lip balm to keep your smile bright
Bonus: Try to avoid shampoos that strip away moisture and increase deep conditioning treatments to keep your tresses shining and healthy.
FALL FASHION – YOUR FALL CAPSULE WARDROBE
Fall is the season of swapping shorts for sweats, and I’m all in for it. Fall fashion screams quiet luxury, dark academia, and anything you want it to. There is a wide range of aesthetics you can choose from and mix and match from. Whether it’s wearing maxi dresses with chunky cardigans for folklore vibes or layering up with your favorite hoodies, sweaters, and blazers,
The soothing warm color palette featuring earthy tones like deep reds, burnt oranges, mustard yellows, olive greens, and rich brown provides chic and classy looks just perfect for fall.
A capsule wardrobe consists of a set of clothes, shoes, and accessories that can be easily mixed and matched together.
Here are a few recommendations to build your own fall capsule wardrobe.
- Classic turtlenecks
- Sweater vest
- Cosy knit cardigan
- Scarves (that red scarf)
- Maxi or midi skirts
- Straight-fit jeans
- Trench coats
- Sweater dresses
- Leather jacket
- Stylish boots
- Oversized hoodies
- A piece of clothing with plaid and check patterns (shirts, skirts, etc.)
Bonus: Some latest fall fashion trends are crochet cardigans, pleated skirts, sweater dresses, striped sweaters, and chunky loafers with socks
Fall Decorations – Transform Your Dorm Room into a Cosy haven
Decorating your dorm room is closely associated with the feeling of making an unfamiliar space your own.
Here are some subtle ways to reflect the warmth and charm of fall.
- Prepare for the coming chilly nights by switching to warmer sheets, cosy quilts, and fuzzy throws.
- Lay out the themed doormat.
- Personal photos add a warm and intimate touch to any room. Consider creating a photo wall of your favourite memories. You can add framed pictures, or even polaroids for a vintage touch
- Mason jar magic:Take some mason jars and paint them in warm, autumn hues. Place fairy lights inside for a soft and warm ambiance.
- Festive Pillow Covers: Adorn your bed with pillow covers featuring fall-themed designs like pumpkins, leaves, or plaid patterns.
- Get charming leaf garlands, pampas grass, or a dried floral wreath in seasonal colours like burnt orange and golden yellow for your room.
- Get pumpkin plushies! Oh, the allure of cuddly pumpkin plushies.
Bonus: If you would like to enrich your room with an enchanting aroma appropriate for the season, add a little cinnamon or vanilla-flavoured oil to oil diffusers or get some scented candles.
There’s no better time to cozy up with a delightful drink in hand. These seasonal sips not only warm the body but also provide a comforting taste of fall’s unique flavors. While you could always go bonkers over pumpkin spice lattes, there are tones of other fall flavors to savor the essence of fall. From apple cider to hot cocoa to cinnamon lattes to herbal teas, experimenting with warm, comforting drinks might just find you a new drink that’s even more satisfying than classic pumpkin spice. From classic favorites to innovative concoctions, enjoy the best of fall beverages
As the days grow shorter and the air turns cooler, there’s no better time to indulge in some seasonal TV and film favorites, with a warm blanket and comfort snacks. Fall offers the perfect backdrop for heartwarming stories, thrilling dramas, and nostalgic classics. Here’s your ultimate fall watchlist to set the mood for cozy evenings or crisp weekends indoors.
- Dead Poets Society
- Pride and Prejudice
- Little Women
- Gilmore Girls (come on, is there anything else that screams more fall than Gilmore Girls?)
- Hocus Pocus
- Addams family
- The Blair Witch Project
- The Haunting of the Hill house
- When Harry met Sally
- You’ve got mail.
- The Proposal
- Hotel Transylvania
- Wednesday horror
- Monster house
- Harry Potter
- The Queen’s Gambit
Bonus: All too well, short film.
Book Recommendations – For Cozy Autumn Evenings
One of the most delightful aspects of fall is enjoying the cozy nights curled up with a good book in a fuzzy blanket. Not to forget a comforting cup of a warm beverage.
- The Ex Hex
- Murder on the Orient Express
- The Picture of Dorian Grey
- Dead Poets Society
- Song of Achilles
- The Secret History
- A good girl’s guide to murder
- Pride and Prejudice
- Jane Eyre
- Bell jar
- The Waves
- The Night Circus
- The Midnight Library
- Th Thursday Murder Club
Embracing Change in the Season of Fall:
Fall with its cool breeze, falling leaves and shorter days, brings with it a lot of changes. It can feel daunting and unsettling, like the world is shedding itself. Everything slows down and calls for us to take a step back, breathe and let go.
Amidst the fading green, autumn serves as a gentle reminder that just as the trees will bloom again in the spring, so too will we find new beginnings and opportunities.
Some ways to embrace changes
- Cultivate mindfulness through meditation, deep breathing, or journaling
- Set goals for what you would like to achieve before the year ends or create a bucket list of activities to do before the year ends.
- Change can be overwhelming, so don’t be afraid to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the small victories along your journey. Each step forward, no matter how small, is a proof of how far you’ve come and you will figure it all out.
So, as you stroll through a park blanketed in fallen leaves or sip a warm cup of your favorite drink by the fireplace, take a moment to appreciate the beauty of autumn’s change and let it inspire you to make the most of every moment.
Happy fall, everyone!
Source of all the pictures: Pinterest