3 Shows to (Binge)Watch to De-Stress during Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ashoka chapter.

Edited By: Vidushi Rijuta (UG 2019)

Let’s be honest, exams week has us worrying about studies more than we actually study. We all need and deserve a break from our stress-inducing schedules, and what other way to de-stress than to watch an episode (or a few) of a sitcom. Here’s a list of three comedy sitcoms to watch while taking a ‘short’ break from studying, for pure entertainment per episode!  

1. Modern family: If Sofia Vergara’s charm is not enough of a reason to watch Modern Family, then the humor it provides will be. The mockumentary family sitcom shows three modern families dealing with their lives in their own weird ways. The dysfunctional lives shown help make you feel better about your own life and your never-ending assignments and exams.

Photo by ABC.com

2. The Office: With a brilliant cast and magnificent script writing, The Office is TV gold. It will not only help you de-stress, but make you fall in love with absolutely everything about the show, (including Jim’s smile, Pam’s personality, and Michael’s humor). With nine seasons, The Office is a sitcom you can never have enough of. You come for the laughs, but stay for the characters.

Photo by Cal Times

3. Brooklyn Nine-Nine: a resident favorite on campus, Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the best show to watch while taking a break. Every twenty minute episode is filled with jokes and many lovable characters. Jake’s antics and Captain Holt’s poker-face are enough to forget about the upcoming doom that assignments bring. Plus, the representation on the show is enough to fill your heart and light your face up with a smile; the actors of colour outnumber the caucasian actors on this show. With season six on its way, this would be the perfect time to catch up on the past seasons.

Photo by The Tracking Board

Besides these three shows, there is an expansive list of sitcoms to watch, such as Parks and Recreation, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, and New Girl. And for those who don’t consider sitcoms their cup of tea, there are shows like Riverdale, the newly released Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Flash, Arrow, and old classics such as Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl. All these shows have one thing in common: their ability to allow us to escape into another world. So what better way to escape assignments than to delve into shows?

Mehak Vohra

Ashoka '21

professional procrastinator.
Aqsa Pervez

Ashoka '19

An avid reader, she reads almost anything she can lay her hands on. She can share anything except cookies. She enjoys moonlit walks, whistling and basking in the winter sun.