5 Ways To Make A Long Distance Relationship Stronger This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

As summer is approaching, some of us girls are going to be separated from our significant others. Long distance relationships may seem hard, but I’ve decided to compile a list to make your relationship stronger, even when you’re apart.

1. Have Weekly Skype Dates

Whether it’s Skype or FaceTime, it’s a good way to be able to communicate with your SO while being able to see their face. Make a time at least once a week to plan to have a time to talk so you’ll always have a set time to communicate.

2.     Make One Road Trip Together

You may not be able to see your SO every weekend, but try to plan at least one mini-vacation with them during the summer. While you’re working hard in summer school or internship, you can always be excited for when you’ll get to see them.

3.     Have A Mutual Hobby

Sharing a mutual hobby or doing the same activity while apart can really bring a couple together. If you’re interested in psychology or another topic, pick up a book and tell your SO to do the same and make time to discuss it. If books aren’t your style, watch a show on Netflix together, staying on the same episodes. You’ll have time to feel like you’re with them by sharing something together.

4.     Write Love Letters

It may sound lame, but it’s always nice to get a letter in the mail. Over the summer, write letters to your SO. It’ll be great to look forward to a letter in the mail every couple of weeks.

5.     Do Things For Yourself

Take on a new hobby or renew an old one for the summer. It’ll take up some time of missing him, and having a passion for something will not only make you happier, but also make your SO appreciate a new side of you. 

Photo Sources: troll.me, dallasmomsanddads.com, wired.com, huffingtonpost.com, teenink.com, analyze-us.com

Adventurer. Writer.