ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Ways to Reduce Your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.

With finals and summer break quickly approaching, students across the University of Arizona all seem to be extremely stressed and busy. This may be because college students have perfected the art of procrastination or maybe because they are taking an extra heavy course load (props to you). Whatever the case may be, we are all stressed out and here is a list of ways to clear your mind before you get released for what we have all been waiting for: summer.

1. GET ORGANIZED!

Organizing and cleaning up your work space (or even your whole apartment) is surprisingly an amazing way of getting rid of stress, plus you’ll feel a lot better working in a clean and organized environment.

2. HIT THE GYM

Working out at the campus rec is not only a great way to burn off those weekend calories, but also an amazing way of clearing your head of all your upcoming assignments. Getting a solid workout in is also proven to put you in a happier and more productive mood. So, if you are stuck in a rut in your homework and need a break, head on over to Campus Rec!

3. MAKE TIME FOR OTHER ACTIVITIES

It has been proven that cramming and rushing is not an efficient way of studying and actually just adds stress to an individual. It is completely acceptable to take breaks often.

4. GET ENOUGH SLEEP

Make sure to get at least six hours a night so that you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to work. You can do this by not putting things off until the last minute and avoiding cramming.

5. GO EXPLORING

Whether it is hiking, camping, or any other activities that Tucson has to offer, getting outdoors and exploring is a surprisingly amazing way of clearing your mind and reducing your stress. It can also be extremely fun if you bring your friends along.