stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Don’t Forget these 5 Places During Spring Cleaning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arizona chapter.
Doors & Walls

Unfortunately, this is one of the least fun and most time-consuming things to clean while spring cleaning. It’s not as bad as cleaning the past 10 years of hoarding that has accumulated in the garage, but it’s up there. However, you just may rediscover the paint color that you went to 3 stores to find when you first moved in. And for that, it’s totally worth it.

Ceiling Fan

For some reason, I always blank on cleaning the top of the fan blades, and you most likely do too. This spot is so deceiving because you never really see the dust build-up until you climb on top of your step stool and see the several dust piles that have collected over the past, who-knows-how- long.

Light Switches & Door Knobs

Even though we use these things every single day, very few people clean these during their regular cleaning routines. Most of the time, this is where the majority of bacteria resides. Next time you’re walking through your house, just give them all a quick swipe with a disinfectant wipe, and erase the worry!

Remotes, Screens, & Keyboards

I’m definitely guilty of neglecting all of my technology. At any given point during the day, I am glued to some piece of technology or technology controller. With this being the case, I should clean these surfaces a lot more than I do. Admittedly, I am that person who doesn’t really wipe down her devices until it gets to the point where I can’t see on them and even then, I just give it a simple swipe with whatever shirt I’m wearing. However, during this Spring-cleaning season, I have tried to make regular technology cleaning a part of my routine and so far it has been working. Not only can I see on my devices, but I have a peace of mind knowing that there isn’t a bunch of built-up bacteria on my screens and controls.

Makeup Bag

If you’re anything like me, getting ready in the morning is always a race against time. One of the last and most hastily-done things I do is throw my makeup back in the bag. Not only does this mean it takes me longer to find the products I am looking for, but it is also not as sanitary to haphazardly throw things into a bag. This is why, it is important to go through your makeup back not only to tidy it up, but to check for expired products as well.

...
Dayne DiSesa

Arizona '19

Dayne DiSesa is a senior at the University of Arizona. She is double majoring in Gender and Women Studies and Creative Writing, and working on fulfilling her life long dream of becoming a social worker. Dayne is a proud owner of two guinea pigs (Buritos and Dorritios), 20 dreamcatchers, and a car she named after Betty White. You can follow her on instagram: @sunflowersanddaynishes.