The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

As a college student or recent grad, navigating the holiday party scene can be exhilarating, but the challenge of assembling 10/10 outfits for each occasion often leaves me fatigued before the festivities begin. Personally, I can’t step out for a party unless I absolutely love my ensemble, be it on-theme for the season or aligned with the festive spirit. To preempt any last-minute wardrobe dilemmas, I took a proactive approach to refresh my collection with versatile pieces. Prioritizing core collection pieces, I sought timeless garments that effortlessly transition from one celebration to the next. The result? A curated wardrobe that not only reflects my personal style but also accommodates the demands of the festive season. 

Whether it’s a monochromatic ensemble for a casual chic vibe or the on-trend knee-high boots that effortlessly elevate any look, these pieces ensure that I can confidently navigate the diverse landscape of holiday gatherings.

WHAT TO WEAR TO A FAMILY & FRIENDS CHRISTMAS DINNER

1. CASUALLY COORDINATED

Who doesn’t love an oversized sweater? You can create an adorable, casual dinner look with the Addilynn Oversized Knit Sweater in Oatmeal ($79) paired with a sleek pant; the Burland Pant in Beige ($79) from Petal & Pup! To finish off the look, add your favorite pair of booties and jewelry of choice. You can never go wrong with a monochromatic ensemble, so you’re sure to be the chicest (and most comfortable) this holiday!

2. CARDIGAN COMBO

Meet your new favorite cardigan: the Kenia Cardigan in Ivory ($69) from Petal & Pup! This adorable piece goes with pretty much any bottoms, and is pulled together with a classic black belt like the brand’s Serena Belt ($19). To accessorize, I’ll always go for the Lifestride Social Slingback ($40) in Platino Synthetic and adorable bows!

WHAT TO WEAR TO A NEW YEARS EVE PARTY

3. SATIN AND SPARKLE

For a show-stopping New Year’s Eve look, embrace sophistication with the Regina Satin Blazer ($89)  in sleek black paired effortlessly with the Novalee Satin Pant ($69). Looking to elevate the ensemble with a touch of glamor? Try a dazzling sparkly skirt that catches the celebratory spirit. Complete the outfit with a hint of understated elegance, adorned by the Baguette Flat Back Studs ($64) from Studs, and step into the night with confidence in classic black heels. 

4. ALL ABOUT THE BOOTS

If you want to dress like the ultimate cool girl at your upcoming holiday parties, sheer is the way to go. Pair the West of Melrose Off The Shoulder Womens Mesh Top ($24) with the West of Melrose Faux Leather Womens Mini Skirt from Tilly’s ($28) for a simple yet sexy outfit. The star of the show? Without a doubt, a pair of knee-high burgundy boots — the color of the season. Personally obsessed with my own Belmore Knee High Boots in Burgundy Leather ($325) from Duo Boots, these gorgeous shoes are crafted from European-sourced leather, featuring a brown block heel for a touch of sophistication. Plus, they’re actually comfortable. A platform sole and memory foam insole for comfort are included, ensuring you can dance the night away without compromising on style at your NYE party!

WHAT TO WEAR TO AN OFFICE PARTY

5. BROWN IS THE NEW BLACK

Step into your holiday office party  by embracing this year’s chic trend: brown as the new black. Elevate your festive look with Marcella New York’s Cara Top ($57) and Gina Pants ($93) in espresso, promising not just style for the season, but enduring pieces that will stand the test of time in your wardrobe (trust me, the pants go with everything.) Want to infuse a touch of holiday spirit? The Lifestride Social Slingback ($40) in Platino Synthetic is the perfect choice — and luckily, slingback, pointed toe heels don’t seem like they’re going out of style anytime soon. Last but most importantly,  accessorize with the Studs Baguette Flatback ($34) and be the most stylish employee at your office.

6. CHANNELING CHANEL

Why settle for ordinary when you can slay the holiday office party with a Chanel-inspired look that’s both simple and chic? Kick off the festivities by slipping into the fabulous Kellie Mesh Longsleeve Bodysuit ($49) — trust me, it’s a classic. Elevate the look up with the Natasha Mini Skort ($69) for that extra flair and cinch that waist with the Serena Belt ($20) for a dash of elegance that won’t go unnoticed. Inject a little romantic charm into the mix with the Rowan Floral Stockings ($10), ) because, let’s face it, holiday parties are the perfect excuse to show off those cute details.Strut your stuff confidently with your work pals in the LifeStride Gracie Tall Boot in Black ($70), featuring a slender heel that screams chic. Top it all off with a black bow in your hair because, hello, it’s a party!

WHAT TO WEAR TO HER CAMPUS AT APP STATE HOLIDAY YOGA

7. BROWN IS THE NEW BLACK (AGAIN)

Gear up for the ultimate zen celebration at the Her Campus Holiday Yoga event at App State! Dive into the flow with the SL Original Leggings Nandex ($88) and the matching SL Original Crop Nandex ($58), delivering the perfect balance of flexibility and fashion-forward flair. Embrace the crisp mountain air post-yoga by layering up with the SL Sport Jacket Nandex ($118), a cozy essential that effortlessly transitions from sun salutations to festive mingling. 

8. SEAMLESS SCOOP

I’m in love with this buttery soft set from Secondleft Sport. For this year’s yoga class, dive into the serenity of the SL Seamless Scoop Longsleeve ($66), a cozy yet stylish layer that sets the tone for a seamless yoga experience. Pair it effortlessly with the SL Seamless Bralette ($38) for the perfect blend of support and ease. Complete the look with the SL Seamless Mini Biker Shorts ($58) — a playful choice that ensures you move with grace and style throughout your yoga practice.

Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently working in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!