Wear White the Right Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

After a white winter in snowy Boone, collegiettes are finally breaking out the seersucker and sandals. Best of all, we can finally wear white again! Here are a few ways to combine white pieces with some of spring’s hottest trends.

White Dress + Chambray 

Lilly Pulitzer has perfected the white dress. $348 is a steep price, but this frock can be dressed up for graduation and summer parties, or casually with a chambray button-down on top. I have yet to find a denim wash better than this Madewell top and for such a great price at $69. Pair with natural cork wedges and head to the family bar-b-que. 

[pagebreak]

White Jeans + Leopard

Every girl owns white jeans, so the trick is making them stand out. It’s easy to throw on a pair of sandals and a t-shirt, and call it a day, but this spring try something new. Animal print is all the rage, but it should never account for more than 25% of an outfit. Loafers add structure and style while the leopard print provides a playful pop. Add a colored blouse and satchel for a day of shopping. 

(Gap Jeans: $50, Target Loafers: $20) 

[pagebreak] 

White Shoes + Neon 

What’s better than whites and brights? These white eyelet sneakers are absolutely adorable and pair perfectly with neon mint shorts. They can be worn with just about anything and who said you can’t be cute and comfortable? 

(Keds Madewell Shoes: $62, J. Crew Shorts: $45) 

[pagebreak] 

White Blouse + Stripes 

A white floral top is a spring and summer must-have. It can be worn under sweaters, over tanks, with skirts, shorts, or pants.  These striped pants are a rare find and definitely a trend on the rise. The colors are fun and flattering paired with metallic heels. This particular look is modern and chic; perfect for an internship or job. 

(Madewell Blouse: $78, J. Crew Pants: $188) 

Whatever you choose, don’t fall prey to wearing white the simple way. Step out of your comfort zone this season and go for dots, spots, and stripes!