This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Ah, Valentine’s Day. It’s upon us again. Some love it, some hate it. But no matter how you feel about the completely commercialized holiday, you can proabably agree that there’s no better time to shamelessly jam out to some sappy love songs.

This Valentine’s Day, we’ve curated the perfect playlist of throwbacks to get you in the mood for love. We’ve chosen some seriously sentimental ballads, a handful of the greatest classics, and of course, the tracks you were listening to in middle school while you daydreamed about your first crush. 

You can check out the extended HC App State Valentine’s Throwbacks playlist featuring everyone from Elton John to My Chemical Romance on Spotify, but for now, here’s a little taste:   Image courtesy of Paola Garcia

Dianna is a graduate of the class of 2019 at Appalachian State University where she studied Public Relations, Journalism and English. At Her Campus, she served as App State's campus correspondent and editor-in-chief.