This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

If you’ve ever been around kids, even just for five minutes, you’ll realize that while they have some amazing wonders about the world, they also have some really interesting thoughts that can make you laugh for days. When I’m having a down day, I always look back at some quotes I have saved on my phone to give me a nice chuckle and brighten up my day. In case you might be having a bad day, I have some wonderful quotes that I would love to rate and share with you that make me giggle to this day. 

“Ms. M, I can’t catch COVID because I’m just too cute.”

I wish I could explain how adorable this was and reenact how cute they sounded. I then had to explain to my friend that it doesn’t matter what we look like, we can all still catch COVID. They didn’t quite understand what I was saying, but I’ll let it slide since they ARE so cute. Overall 10/10.

“Hey Ms. M! I figured out why girls like me. My mom says mosquitos like me because I’m sweet so they must like me like the mosquitos do.”

This friend must have heard from their mom that girls like them because they’re sweet and they must have related it to when they were told mosquitos like to bite them because they’re sweet. The way they explained it was amazing and makes total sense. I give this an 11/10. 

“Can you let Barry the Busy Bee know that I love him so much?” 

For some background, Barry the Busy Bee is our class (stuffed) bee who flies around to the desks of students that are working hard. I always have students ask me to tell Barry about them, however, I thought this was adorable. Barry needs some love too! I give this statement a 15/10 for the love they expressed for Barry. 

“Ms. M, I have no idea what you mean by “here’s the tea” because you have no tea. What tea are you talking about?”

For some of my friends who might not know this phrase, when someone says “here’s the tea,” they are intending to give some juicy information. I said this to a small group of my kinders who were VERY lost about the meaning. This quote just always gives me a good giggle. I give it a 50/10 for its ability to make me laugh even today. 

“I can throw something super far. About the length of a desert. I can definitely do that. I just won’t do that today for you cause my arm is sore.”

This was said as we were playing catch outside during recess. They ended up just throwing it as far as they can and I was VERY impressed. I’m still waiting for them to throw it the length of a desert though. I would rate it a 10/10 for the laugh it gave me, though I was disappointed I couldn’t see it happen.

“Ms. Minyard, I can run this entire field in fifteen and one seconds. That means sixteen seconds. Isn’t that wonderful?” 

Being outside at recess can bring MANY quotes that I constantly write down. This one made me proud since they were showing off their speedy skills but they were also showing me their math fluency with addition! I give this a 15 and 1/10.

Hannah Minyard

App State '21

Hannah is a spunky-fun gal who is passionate about public education rights and wants to inform the public its importance. She also doesn't mind a quirky night in with her two dogs and rabbit.