This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

In the winter months, college students tend to accumulate clothes, food, messy papers, and a number of other things. Spring is not only a time for cleaning around your living space, but it is time for a little body rejuvenation too. Although spring cleaning may not be at the top of your to-do to finish out the semester, it’s is a way to get organized and feel better. Here are a couple tips to consider when you start your spring cleaning:

Your closet. It is time to clean out your closet of those over-sized winter jackets and fluffy scarves that take up way too much room. Fill the new-found empty space in your closet with some colorful clothing to your wardrobe and those replace the bulky boots with some light weight opened toed shoes.

Your car.  The time to take your car through the car wash and remove all the dirty and nasty salt is now! Your can may need a mini-makeover by doing a clean sweep and adding some pleasing air-fresheners.

Body detox. The spring is the perfect opportunity to get your body ready for summer. Start off by doing a body detox by drinking water with fruit added. After using completing this detox, your body will thank you by feeling rejuvenated and more energized.

Your room. First, start by giving your room a clean-sweep all together. Having a clean room will make your life so much easier when trying to find things. Second, bring your room back from life by adding a plant in the window. Add a small potted plant in the window and watching it grow day-by-day will bring a spring aroma into your room.

Your attitude. Break free of the winter and the depression that comes along with it by changing your attitude. Some things that can put you in a better mood is simply just stepping outside to enjoy the beautiful Boone weather or taking a drive on the parkway. Whatever it takes, come into spring with a new, positive attitude.

Using these spring-cleaning tips will organizing your living space as well as your life. Change is not only in the weather, it is in your everyday life too! 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.