Style

SHOW YOURSELF SOME LOVE THIS VALENTINE’S DAY

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Valentine’s Day often gets a bad rap. Whether you’re in a relationship, just emerged from a breakup, navigating a situationship, or savoring the single life, the day can be a source of stress for many. The struggle is palpable: dedicating Valentine’s Day to the elusive quest for the perfect gift, one that strikes the delicate balance between sentimentality and subtlety, creativity without veering into obscurity, and luxury minus the flashy overtones. It’s usually a lose-lose situation.

However, as someone who unabashedly looks forward to Valentine’s Day — blame it on my water-dominated zodiac chart (Cancer Sun over here) — I propose a radical shift in perspective: let this holiday be an excuse to prioritize none other than yourself. Seriously, toss those wishlist items straight into your cart because self-love isn’t just a trend, and you absolutely deserve to treat yourself. In the spirit of celebrating yourself, I’ve compiled a curated list of  goodies that have been on my mind for quite some time. From must-try skincare to everyday activewear,  indulging in your desires on Valentine’s Day is all about embracing the wants rather than just fulfilling the needs. Trust me when I say, these items are more than mere wants — they might just be the self-love essentials your life has been missing.

1. BEST OF SKINCARE

The Essence by Tatcha Beauty

Indulge in radiant self-care with The Essence from Tatcha Beauty ($110). This luxurious skincare gem is designed to resurface, soften, and plump your skin, elevating your skincare routine to new heights. I first tried The Essence from a friend’s skincare collection, and have been obsessed ever since! Crafted with a potent trio of fermented Japanese superfoods, The Essence is more than a mere beauty product — it’s a proven powerhouse that enhances the effectiveness of your entire skincare regimen. 

Pineapple Refresh Daily Cleanser by Rhode Beauty

Elevate your routine with the rejuvenating Pineapple Refresh: The Daily Cleanser by rhode, ($28) a vital component of your self-love arsenal. As someone typically skeptical of new cleansers, I was pleasantly surprised to discover its gentle touch, making it suitable even for sensitive skin. This cleanser goes beyond the basics, leaving your skin irresistibly soft and delightfully bouncy, making it perfect for daily use. And let’s not forget the delightful bonus — it boasts a refreshing scent reminiscent of a Pineapple Margarita. Need I say more? 

1. SELF CARE ACTIVEWEAR

SECONDLEFT Set

I made a resolution to workout more in 2024. What better way to stay motivated than a chic workout set? For Valentine’s Day, this red-hot look is definitely on my list. Seriously, the Seamless Collection is full of buttery-soft fabrics and stand-out looks. Experience the epitome of comfort and sophistication as SECONDLEFT Sport elevates your wardrobe with its chic aesthetic. To complete the ensemble, my eyes are on the Seamless Scoop Long Sleeve ($66), Seamless Mini Biker Shorts ($58), and Seamless Base Bralette ($38)!

CALIA Inspire Set

Elevate your activewear game with the CALIA Women’s Inspire Scoop Neck Tank ($58.00) offering lightweight support and subtle compression that molds to your body. Pair it seamlessly with the CALIA Women’s Inspire High Rise 7/8 Legging ($98), designed for every workout and providing the ideal blend of comfort and performance. This dynamic duo isn’t just for the gym — it transitions effortlessly from on-campus Pilates classes to keeping you cozy during lectures. Treat yourself to activewear that not only supports your fitness endeavors but also embraces your need for comfort and style, making every day a self-love celebration!

1. NIGHT TIME GOODIES

Weighted Silk Sleep Stone Mask

Upgrade your dorm life with the Weighted Silk Sleep Stone Mask from Baloo Living ($74.00). This sleep essential is not just about light blocking and sound muffling; it’s made from skin-friendly Mulberry silk and gently weighted for deeper, more restful sleeps. What makes it extra special? A hidden crystal inside — choose Amethyst for a clear mind and better sleep or Rose Quartz for cultivating love and harmony. The perfect gift to yourself for transforming your dorm into a haven for better sleep and positive energy. 

Bluebella Lingerie Set

What’s a Valentine’s Day list without a lingerie set? Embrace self-love and empowerment this Valentine’s Day with the Bluebella Leonora Set. The stunning Leonora Wired Bra in Fuchsia Pink ($69) and Matching Leonora Thong ($34) , this set is a perfect indulgence for anyone, whether you’re celebrating solo or with a special someone. With its sexy design, it’s not just about feeling put together — it’s about embracing your most confident and alluring self this Valentine’s Day.

Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, celebrities, influencer style, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the blue ridge mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!