alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Seven Reasons Being Single Is Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Having a boyfriend or girlfriend can be great, but we have seven reasons why being single can be just as good.

1.     More free time

When you’re single, you don’t have to plan a bunch of time to be with them and strengthen your relationship. Think of all of the extra time you will have for other things (like hanging with friends)

2.     More productive

Most people in college are spread too thin. A lot of times we only just manage to get the classwork done or don’t seem to be able to get to it in time. The extra time you are not spending with someone else you could use to do the homework you’ve been procrastinating, or to get ahead.

3.     No worries about him

Most of the time we have ten million things to worry about, not having this worry gives you more time to think about yourself and your own needs, which is so much more relaxing than worrying about your significant other’s problems.

4.     Less time getting ready

When you have someone to impress, you try to look better, which takes up time, and money. Time which could be spent sleeping in, and money which could be spent on things like food, clothes, and other generally cool stuff.

5.     More friend time

Who doesn’t love to spend time with friends? Not having a boyfriend or girlfriend gives you more time to catch up and see what your friends have been doing, and maybe go out and grab dinner or a drink.

6.     Netflix

Everyone loves Netflix. Who wouldn’t want to find a new series to fall in love with and probably binge watch? No relationship equals more time to Netflix.

7.     Sleep

We’re college students, none of us get enough sleep, but by not having boyfriend/girlfriend obligations, we can get closer to that recommended eight hours of sleep (they say that most of the storing of information you do from the previous day happens between hours six and eight of the sleep cycle. Remember more!)

Picture sources:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0a…

http://www.plumdeluxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/boygirlparty.jpg

Sydney Sharpstene is a freshman at App State. She is a Secondary English Education Major and plans to be a high school english teacher when she graduates. Sydney is from Greensboro NC and likes to swim, slack line and sing in her free time.