Meet the Staff: Jenn the Song Bird

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Meet Jennifer Marie La Bianca, a sassy, radiantly funny Junior Public Relations major thats kicking butt and taking names all while figuring out how to balance college, writing, music, a sorority, and a boyfriend.

She has been performing and writing music for about 10 years (check out her insta @Jennlabianca for videos of her singing!) Those that know her wont be surprised to find her SLAYING the National Anthem at a basketball game, or posting YouTube videos of her perfect covers and orignial songs.

She love dogs more than most things, and you may just catch her facetiming her pooch in class.

Jenn says she could fall asleep anywhere at any time, but her close friends know its because shes constantly working and very involved with campus ministry, bible study, her sorority, and Her Campus of course!

She started with the Appalachian State chapter of Her Campus as a writer and was promoted to The Director of Events, putting her in charge of campus outreach and promotion through event planning of the App State chapter.

She joined because she’s always loved writing music and writing for herself, so she went out on a limb and gave Her Campus a shot. In regard to joining Her Campus and being able to tell her story, Jenn says, “The opportunity to have a voice and an impact has meant the world to me, especially with things that lay heavy on my heart like mental illness.”

Some of Jenn’s best articles are touchy, and full of raw emotion, yet they are relatable for those who have battled things like anxiety and depression. Sharing her story has helped her friends feel comfortable enough to begin to share their own.

Jenn says her best college memory thus far has been her first recruitment this past year with her sorority Alpha Gamma Delta, during this time she was able to get to know her sisters better and get closer to each of them as inidivudals. Jenn remains invovled in her sorority and always enjoys her time with her sisters.

Besides going to fun mixers and sisterhoods, Jenn likes to go to the river when its warm, hang out with other friends, play her guitar and sometimes go on spontaneous road trips. She also shamlessly admits that whne she’s stressed out, she’s quick to take a nap and sleep whatever is bother her away.

She’s currently taken by Jamal, her boyfriend who she met in Chemistry class (could it be more perfect?) when she says she “accidentally” knocked over his water bottle.

Jenn is the kind of woman who leaves a mark on your day. She’s positive, and radiates a confident energy. She’s not afraid to get a funny look from people for being her goofy self, but when it’s time to get serious–she does. In fact, a large part of her life is motivated by being selfless and giving back to others.

When asked where she sees herslef after collgee, she said her PR major is merely just a stepping stone. Jenn actually wants to be a pediatric oncology nurse because she says that cancer has impacted her life in so many ways. She wants to use her time on the Earth to brighten children’s lives, making herself a better person each day.

Jenn is quirky, fun and adorable. She’s the gal you take home to mom and the girl who knows how to have fun all in one, the fact that she’s beautiful inside and out is just a bonus!

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.