brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Looking at Life Through a Different Lens: Hannah Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Hannah Walker is a senior psychology major with a minor in special education. When she graduates in May, she hopes to attend grad school here at App State to be a school psychologist. What sets her apart from the rest of the students in her major is her love of photography. 

I grew up with Hannah and her little brother, Andy, and if I know one thing, it is that they are the most genuine and amazing people you will ever meet. We went all the way through school together and both ended up being proud Mountaineers. Hannah has been photographing me and my S.O. for over four years now and always captures the most incredible moments.

When I asked Hannah why she loved being a photographer, she told me that she’s “always loved pictures and how one picture can capture so many memories.” She describes that she gained this love from her grandpa who was a picture person too. She remembers how many pictures he had throughout his house and on the back of every one, it told when it was taken and who was in it. Hannah loves to take pictures of old things, like buildings and cars, because she looks for the beauty in what so many people find ugly or annoying. “There’s a beautiful image to be found in anything like that.”

Since Hannah has spent so much time doing couple shoots, I decided to ask her what her favorite part of them is. Hannah considers herself a serious romantic, “I just love all the cheesy romantic stuff in movies.” Her favorite part of photographing couples is the way “you can literally feel the love in the air. They’re some of the easiest to take because all of the smiles and laughs are so genuine and intimate.”

The last thing I asked her is if there is a quote she tried to live her life by, and her response was John 16:33: “I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Hannah Walker is by far the sweetest soul I have ever encountered. She has this insane ability to capture the most incredible and intimate moments between a couple without even trying and you never feel awkward or out of place. I am forever grateful for her friendship and love of photographs. So to anyone who’s looking for family, couple, or even baby pictures, here’s the link to her Facebook page and Website where you can see all of her pictures. I promise you won’t regret it! 

Kaitlyn Reavis

App State '18

Kaitlyn is a senior at Appalachian State majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Political Science.  Kaitlyn is the President of Her Campus App State as well as one of the Campus Correspondents.  She's also the president of App's Ducks Unlimited chapter, and a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda, which is the communication honors society, and a member of Collegiate Republicans. She's moved by her love for this country and the way it works. She hopes to one day be a part of what makes it work be it in politics or campaign management and research. In her free time Kaitlyn coaches’ softball, reads, obsesses over her 6 dogs (yes you read that right), and enjoys being surrounded by the people she loves. She hopes to turn her stories into a book one day but until then... "Never settle for bad coffee, bad friends, or bad men."