Easy Steps For Getting Your Spring Break Bod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Spring break is about two weeks away and although I still haven’t figured out how to fit in three months of working out and eating right into two weeks, I’ve found five simple steps to take to start getting your body in fitness mode and feeling better during this transition into spring:

1. Cut out the sodas and drink some water!

Water is your best friend. It holds many key vitamins and nutrients your body needs. It helps flush out the toxins in your body and speed up your metabolism to lose weight.

2. Nice day? Walk to campus.

For those Fitbit lovers (as I am one), I love getting the notification that I hit my 10,000 steps. Walking 10,000 steps equals 5 miles, which burns about 500 calories. Hitting 10,000 steps seven days a week burns 3,500 calories which is one pound of fat! How exciting is that?

3. Going to get fast food? Switch out your side.

One of my personal weaknesses is Chick-fil-A fries, but instead of getting the fries, get fruit or a side salad! Substituting two or three items a day will really add up in the long run.

4. Getting coffee? Don’t add any extra sugar.

I don’t know if you know this, but if you get flavored coffee, there is A LOT of extra sugar in those syrups. Coffee basically gets me through the day, and I could never give it up. So instead of giving it up completely, go sugarless!

5. Make time to do something active each day.

If this really is your goal, you have to want it. Grab some girlies and go to a cardio dance class! It’s literally my favorite fitness class. Move your body and you burn more calories.

Happy motivating!

Sophomore Psychology Major at Appalachian State University. Member of Zeta Tau Alpha, Student Teacher Assistant and Lover of all things Jesus, Sugar Skulls, and FRIENDS.