Wellness

3 Daily habits that will make you feel more productive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

This semester has by far been the busiest of my college career thus far. With that being said, it can get overwhelming when I feel like I don’t have my sh*t together. Throughout the year, I’ve developed some good habits, and although they may be small, they seem to lessen the stress I feel throughout the week.

1. Checklists

My favorite way to navigate assignments and tasks I have throughout the week is to create a checklist for each day. In my checklist, I have a category for assignments, my schedule, and a to-do list. I use the same decomposition book each day so I won’t forget to look at my lists. At night, I sit down at my desk and create lists for the next day which helps me feel prepared to tackle whatever is on my plate. I also use this notebook to take notes for my classes which keeps everything in one place; this way, I can see what day certain notes were taken on which can be helpful if I’m looking for a specific topic. 

1. Pack the night before

At night I enjoy packing my bookbag for the next day so I don’t forget anything when I’m in a hurry to get out the door the next morning. I normally make sure essentials such as my wallet, keys, laptop, notebook (the one I mentioned above), and snacks are all packed and ready to go. I have never been a morning person, but having this done when I wake up makes the mornings a lot easier for me.

1. Make your bed (no matter the time of day)

When I was younger, I never took the time to make my bed because I was always in a rush to catch the bus in the mornings. When I’d get home later in the evening, I didn’t see my unmade bed throughout the day. Now that I’m able to come and go from my apartment and to and from classes, if my bed isn’t made, I feel significantly less productive and not put together. When I come home to my neatly made bed, I’m more likely to keep getting tasks done because I am not tempted to lay down or go on my phone. Normally I don’t make my bed before I go to my 9:30 a.m. or 10 a.m. classes, but when I get home around lunchtime, I make my bed to feel like I have completed another task and because it uplifts my mood to see my room looking clean and organized.

Madison Lipe

App State '23

Hi! I'm a senior journalism major here at App State with a minor in marketing. I'm from Denver, NC, which is a suburb outside of Charlotte, NC. I enjoy writing lifestyle pieces and I've been writing for HerCampus for three years.