samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Feelings You Had When You Changed Your Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Midterms, mental breakdowns and contemplating our purpose in life. However, what most people think about during this time, before the penalties of dropping a class – changing your major.

Changing your major isn’t all that bad. Sometimes coming into college knowing what you want to do doesn’t really work out for you. I thought I wanted to be a nurse, but I really want to be a doctor. I’m pretty positive we can all relate to this process:

1. First coming into college, you’re so excited about your career choice. You can’t wait to ace these classes. 

2. First test comes and you get your grade back. It’s fine! We can recover!

3. Second test comes and you get your grade back again. Maybe this isn’t the career path.

4. “If I don’t pass these classes for this major, I’ll have to change it anyways.”

5. What else could I do with my life? Maybe I should be a teacher, a social worker, work in marketing?

6. Realizing there’s nothing else I could deal with doing for the rest of my life and cries about it for all of fall break.

7. Actually sits down with someone who cares about me, such as a counselor, advisor, or your dear mommy. 

8. Decides on something that actually makes you happy and IS in your grasp!

9. Finally relaxes because I can take classes that I don’t hate and have a career in four years!

And to all of you who haven’t had to change your major, consider yourself lucky.

Images:

Sophomore Psychology Major at Appalachian State University. Member of Zeta Tau Alpha, Student Teacher Assistant and Lover of all things Jesus, Sugar Skulls, and FRIENDS.