This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

I always believe that Autumn is too short on the East Coast.  This school year, Autumn was actually Spring in the disguise of color changing leaves and pumpkin spice.  I want to bring back those flavors of Autumn with a variation of my favorite Thanksgiving dish, sweet potato casserole.  Instead, we have the Sweet Potato Crumble.  This is also a fun way to jazz up your Sweet Potato outside of salt, pepper and butter.  Best of all it is only 230 calories that can fit in as a dessert AND as a side to your salad guilt-free.

Ingredients

• 2 halves of a sweet potato (aka 1 sweet potato for you math geniuses)
  • 1 teaspoon of Soy Free Spread (I find it easier to melt than the regular butter)
  • 3 packets of Sugar in The Raw (such good texture)
  • ¼ cup of Granola of choice (I like the Blueberry Vanilla one)

Directions

1. Remove the skin of your sweet potatoes and put it in one of the small yellow salad bowls.
  2. Using your fork, press the potatoes down in a mash
  3. Add the buttery spread and continue mashing to your desired texture.  I like mine with a little texture
  4. Pour two of the sugar packets into the sweet potatoes and work that also into the mixture.
  5. Sprinkle the last packet of sugar on top of the sweet potato for an extra crunch
  6. Finally, cover the sweet potato with your granola and you have the perfect crust.

*Feel free to add extra salt and pepper to taste if you want. Enjoy~

I would love if you can share your variations of this recipe!  Contact me or Caroline with any food ideas you may have~

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.