“Politically Conscious Rock N Roll”: Staring into Nothing

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Staring into Nothing:  New Album: Power

“Big brother’s always watching us…in the name of keeping us safe…nothing to fear if we’ve done nothing wrong…at least not for today…”

-Staring Into Nothing, Big Brother

As evidenced by some excerpts from their song Big Brother, the trio Staring Into Nothing combines the stark social commentary of Steve Rogers [but also] on keyboards, splitting lead vocal duties with guitarist, Savannah Rogers, and Kurt Barabas on bass and guitar. The three partners have already crafted more than 30 songs together, all delving deeply into dark themes that include the abuse of power, the struggle of romantic relationships, and the devastation of war. Staring Into Nothing is an exploration of mind, music and boundaries; fusing rock artistry with brazen meaning.

Check out their newest release, Power, a progressive and political rock album with melodic tunes similar to that of Pink Floyd. STARING INTO NOTHING recorded Power in 2017 with the help of legendary producer/mixer Mark Needham, as well as musicians Matt Chamberlain on drums, David Levita on guitars, and Pop Levi and Andrea Meli on backing vocals. Videos for Heads or Tails and Big Brother have been released in conjunction with the album. STARING INTO NOTHING are currently fashioning their two forthcoming follow-up albums, Love and War.

Stream Staring into Nothing on Soundcloud for more tunes, as well as Facebook.

Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com