What Your Breakfast Choice Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Whether you devote time and effort to breaking the night’s fast in the morning, throw a few things together, or grab something on your way out the door (which may be happening more next year with 8:10 classes) your food says something about your way of life… you are what you eat!

Cereal and Milk: You’re classic. You eat the breakfastiest of breakfasts. You may also be an eternal child if your choice of cereal is sugary.

Parfait: Like your cereal and milk sister, only trendier. Like how ponchos were cool when we were little but now they’re coming back since people have discovered it’s basically like wearing a blanket. Some say it’s a phase. Only time will tell.

Coffee: Mornings aren’t your thing. Caffeine is.

Fruit Salad: *Yummy yummy* You jump at the opportunity to eat what some people consider a snack or dessert as a meal. You’re constantly pushing the envelope: instead of choosing between fruits, you combine them to make something even better, and this attitude translates to decisions in other aspects of your life as well.

Oatmeal: You are…

a) Scottish

b) Someone’s grandmother

c) A fan of whole grain and complex carbohydrates. And raisins. And brown sugar :)

d) All of the above

Pancake ~ Waffle ~ French Toast: You think life is there to be enjoyed. Who wouldn’t enjoy it after the day gets off to such a good start?

Morning Loaf: Is it bread? Is it cake? Do you toast it? Who killed JFK? Do you spread something on it? How am I enjoying zucchini this much? You are an enigma. Like your breakfast, there is a certain mystique that surrounds you. There’s something fascinating that nobody can quite figure out, so you figure that for now you’ll just cut yourself another slice.

Full Breakfast— Eggs, Bacon, Potato, Sausage and Toast: Nobody needs to tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you perform this culinary routine every morning, waking up a bit earlier, you consider the sleep you miss an investment rather than a loss. This reflects your “go big or go home” approach to most things in life.

Eggs: You have a similar approach to life as your “Full Breakfast” counterpart, but slightly less committed and more practical.

Smoothie: You’re good at compromising. You combine nutrition and efficiency (and maybe some spinach in there too). It’s a good thing you have these skills because there are some tough decisions to think about when your breakfast involves the noise of a whirring, grinding engine. (Do I turn on the blender when my roommate’s still asleep? Do I go down the hallway and hope there’s somewhere to plug it in? Maybe I’ll sleep in until she gets up so I’m sure not to wake her. Ahh compromise…

Granola Bar: You function within technicalities. Technically you ate breakfast. Technically the kitty isn’t on the counter. You should consider a career in law.

Nothing: You are either constantly running late (and haven’t heard of granola bars) or you don’t feel the need to disrupt your peaceful morning zen with loud chomping.

Looking to expand your breakfast game? Her Campus recommends learning about the teas to complement your meal with the College Student’s Guide to Tea or checking out Open City at the National Cathedral.

Photo Credit: 1