What to Expect From The 2016 Grammy’s: Predictions of Winners, Guests and Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

2015 was a great year of music. From Taylor Swift’s pop album to The Weekend becoming a hit, many stars did incredibly. Monday’s Grammy’s will bring all of these artists together to celebrate their musical success in 2015 with awards and performances. Here are some predictions of what to expect at this year’s Grammy Awards.

Taylor Swift wins album of the year along with an incredible performance, dress and date.

For the past two Grammy’s, Taylor has not won a single award, even for her fourth album Red she didn’t win any. Hopefully this year, as this is her first pop album that broke many records, she can take home at least another Grammy or two. Taylor would also blow everyone away with her fun performance of probably a song from 1989 wearing a stellar outfit along with bringing a great date (Calvin Harris or squad member?).

Everyone getting moved by Adele’s performance as she returns to the Grammy’s stage.

Even though Adele’s new album 25 missed the deadline to be nominated, she will be there to perform. We are all moved emotionally everytime Adele sings, but this time, now that she is back at the Grammy’s, she will move all the celebs. Hopefully they will all have their fancy handkerchiefs to dry their tears while she performs. 

Ed Sheeran will finally walk away with an award.

Ed has won our American hearts for the past few years now with his ginger hair and accoustic guitar songs. His past two albums have been up for Grammys but never went back to London with a gold statue. There is a reason why Ed is nominated a lot for the Grammys which means he deserves to win one.

Kanye and Kim to be the award show’s power couple.

At last year’s Grammy’s, Kanye performed his collaboration with Rihanna and Paul McCartney. Kanye will be a definite guest because of his upcoming album. His record of having the most Grammy nominations will keep him confident and Kim will be by his side looking flawless again.

The Weekend will go home with the best R&B performance award.

Last year, the Weekend dominated the R&B music scene with an album being referred to as one of Michael Jackson’s but also having a stellar song Earned It from Fifty Shades of Grey. Although he has had other albums before Beauty Before The Madness, this album succeeded in the charts. Earned It tends to be more liked than the film it was in. By winning this award, the Weekend can walk away with an award of his true success in 2015.

Overall with the Grammy’s happening on Monday, Kendrick Lamar leads the nominees with a total of 11 nominations with Taylor Swift and the Weekend behind him tied with seven. Other nominees include Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson and Wiz Khalifa. Along with these nominees, are incredible performers including Carrie Underwood, Rihanna, Justin Bieber and a special performance dedicated to Lenny Kravitz and the late David Bowie. So tune in this Monday night at 8 pm on CBS to watch all of the successful artists of 2015 come together to celebrate their achievements.

Photo Credits: 1 (cover), 2, 3, 4, 5