This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Whether you couldn’t get a ticket to the ball, or just didn’t want to go, there are still plenty of things to do living in a city like Washington D.C. Here are a few ideas on how to avoid FOMO this Founders Day weekend. 

Wizards vs Indiana Pacers 

On the actual night of Founders Day, the Washington D.C. Wizards will be playing the Indiana Pacers at Capital One Arena at 7 p.m. This game is especially a good one to go to because it is representing Historical Black College University Night. To celebrate there will be extra festivities before after and during the game. Tickets are currently as low as $10 so get them fast!

Orchids: Amazing Adaptations

During some downtime, it’s always a good idea to go check out some cool new exhibits at the museums. Orchids: Amazing Adaptations is a flower show being put on by a collaboration with SAAM, The National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Gardens, and the U.S Botanical Gardens. These orchids from around the world will be presented free of charge at the Kogod Courtyard February 16th – April 28th.  

Washington Dollar Days 

President’s day is what’s on everyone’s mind right? To celebrate good old George Washington’s birthday, the Tudor Place is discounting their tours to $1 (great for us broke college kids). They’ll be specifically highlighting their Washington collection throughout. This event ends on February 28th. 

Anything at the Kennedy Center  

If all else fails, you can always go to the Kennedy Center for some quality entertainment and a fun night out. Some fun events and show the Kennedy Center will be putting on the weekend of founders day include The National Symphony Orchestra – Star Wars the Force Awakens, Tap Dogs, She a Gem, and Shear Madness. To get discounted tickets for student get the TodayTix app and sign up for the Kennedy Center mailing list. 

Sources: 1, 2, 3

Image 1, 2, 3, 4 

Molly Molloy

American '22

Molly is a freshmen at American University. She loves fashion, exploring new places, and dogs! Molly is and active feminist and an aspiring journalist.