Sarah Vickers and Kiel James Patrick: Rhode Island Royalty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Ever wonder what Jack and Jacqueline Kennedy would have looked like in 2014? Well, look no further. Designer Kiel James Patrick (also known as KJP) and his gorgeous fiancee, Sarah Vickers, are the new Camelot. With his iconic nautical bracelets and her highly popular blog, “KJP” and “Vickers” are the best kept secret of New England society. 

I first found out about the power couple by finding Ms.Vickers’ blog, Classy Girls Wear Pearls on Bloglovin’. When I started going through the photos, I swear I thought it was an ad campaign for Ralph Lauren, and the actual content would appear after thirty seconds. But after two minutes of skimming and realizing that this was their real life, I was hooked. With their staged set ups of canoe outings, trips to the Cape and apple picking adventures, they bring to life a lifestyle that people only dream about. 

Kiel James Patrick’s main goal for his company is to create American products, for Americans by Americans. Working out of their warehouse in Rhode Island, each product doesn’t ship until the “Proudly Made in America” is printed on the product. Their products range from bracelets, belts, neckwear and some apparel. With prints such as plaid, madras and polka dot, it is not hard to conclude that preppy is the style that they are going for. 

Before you start thinking that the engaged couple are two rich kids with trust funds, try again. Both are 31, and have been together since they were teenagers. They had to build up their company from scratch and did not have a trust fund to help them out. Although his Instagram might tell you otherwise, KJP did not attend Harvard and Vickers did not attend Wellesley. Patrick did not attend college and Sarah attended the University of Rhode Island. 

Some may call them fake, but really, they are marketing geniuses. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on advertising in magazines and newspapers, they instead rent a cottage for a week, invite their equally preppy friends and use the weekend to have photoshoots and create their advertising campaigns for the upcoming season. Pretty brilliant – right marketing and PR majors?

Even more entertaining than Vickers blog is Kiel’s (pronounced Keel or Kyle) snapchat. In a single day, he will post two minute long snap stories that document a typical day in the life of the designer. Sometimes he posts a picture of him after a twelve mile run, him and Sarah working in their office or them chilling by a fire in their den. Either way, no matter what they do, they make you jealous that you’re not there with them. 

While most of their products are advertised online, sometimes KJP branches out and advertises at classic New England events. Most recently, he and Sarah traveled to the 50th Race of the Head of the Charles Regatta. Described on her blog as the “perfect New England weather,” they set up a tent where people could come to purchase a custom, hand-painted KJP x Brooks Brother bracelets. Best part, KJP or Sarah were there to make it for you themselves. 

There is no argument to say that Kiel James Patrick and Sarah Vickers are the perfect New England couple. With their preppy lifestyle and glamorous friends, it comes at no surprise that they have such  a loyal following. Whether you want to wear their products or fan girl over her blog, I promise you will become a fan. 

If you want to become a part of their life, here are a few links where you can find them:

KJP Website 

Sarah Vickers blog

Snapchat: kieljp

Photo Credits: Header, 1, 2, 3