This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

One fashion trend that is perfect for festival weather, is the Rocker Chick look. We have seen so many celebrities rock this look lately, and many of their vintage concert t-shirts have us dreaming of the 80’s. Wearing a vintage T-shirt gives off a look that is cool and effortless, and also rock-and-roll inspired.

One would assume that wearing a rock and roll t-shirt would be most suitable for daytime, but these days that is not the case. If paired with the right black jean, jacket, and heels, a rock-and-roll t-shirt can add a pop of color to an otherwise monochromatic look.

Here’s why this trend is on the rise: 

1.     It’s super comfortable.

2.     It’s so easy, we all can rock it (pun intended).  Everyone has old t-shirts lying around, but if you don’t, as your parents if they have any old concert t-shirts! You can always cut, adjust and style to wear these shirts if they’re too big or boxy.  Also, thrift stores carry them for practically no cost at all.

Stars such as sisters Kim Kardashian and Kendall Jenner have been into this look lately, as well as Kristen Stewart, Hilary Duff, Gigi Hadid and many others.

This look allows girls to step outside of their comfort zone.  They can represent their favorite bands or artists by throwing on their old concert tees. The rocker chick look represents what female rock stars believed in back in the 70’s, 80’s and even today, which is not caring about what other people think, staying true to who you are while being comfortable in your skin, and having the clothing you wear reflect that. So if women can represent that by rockin’ on with their vintage t-shirts, then why wouldn’t they? 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7