Bucket List of D.C. Restaurants: College Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Everyone knows that as college students we love food. Living in the district we have access to some pretty great restaurants. Before your four college years in D.C. come to an end, here are five restaurants to visit. Take a look!

Good Stuff Eatery

This burger joint is one you just can’t miss. From the delicious burgers to milkshake selection like toasted marshmallow flavor, nothing on this menu will disappoint. With locations in Georgetown, Capitol Hill and Crystal City, there’s one near you no matter where you are in the city. Even President Obama eats here.

Golden Brown Delicious

Dupont Circle isn’t far to go for some good fried chicken and doughnuts. Which is exactly what you’ll find at this sit-down restaurant! Besides, where else can you order a basket of chicken tenders and a Nutella doughnut? Their fried chicken is absoloutely to die for. It’s better than Bojangles, I promise! 

Open City

This brunch spot is hard to forget. With an amazing chai waffle and coffee selection, what’s not to like? Breakfast is served all day, unless you want to try one of their mouthwatering sandwiches. Reasonably priced and only a few metro stops away in Woodley Park, this restaurant is my favorite when TDR breakfast just doesn’t cut it. 

Dupont Italian Kitchen

This restaurant is a win-win. It has great Italian food and decent pricing! Perfect for a weekend date or dinner with friends, Dupont Italian Kitchen is only about ten minutes away from the Dupont Circle metro stop. You won’t want to miss it! 

Ben’s Chili Bowl

Last but certainly not least, Ben’s Chili Bowl is a historic restaurant that every tourist AND resident should visit! The chili is amazing and it will surely fit in to any college budget. The U Street district would not be the same without it. 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5