10 Things We Are Going to Miss Most About the Obama Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

The Obama family has quickly become one of America’s most talked about families, and now that we all have to say our sad goodbyes, there is no better time to reflect on our favorite Obama family moments.

1. Every time Obama was by far the coolest president ever.

I’m not saying you have to agree with his policies, but there is no denying that Obama has been one of the most chill and charismatic presidents to have ever graced the oval office. I think everyone applauded his infamous mike drop at his last White House Correspondents Dinner.

2. Michelle Obama’s Extravagant Outfits

The first lady has been killing the fashion game ever since the 2008 Inauguration. It is very safe to say that we will all probably still keep up with Michelle and what she is wearing even after we say our goodbyes.

3. Obama and VP Joe Biden’s major BFF goals

I have never seen two men with a greater bromance than Joe Biden and Barack Obama. These two share a special connection that can only be explained by the infamous friendship bracelets that they have.

4. The Dogs, Bo and Sunny

Bo and Sunny are a crucial part of the Obama family, and watching them leave the white house is like saying goodbye to your dog before you leave for college, which is by far one of the hardest things we have all probably had to do.

5. Watching Malia and Sasha Grow up

Malia and Sasha were just two little girls in elementary and middle school when Obama first entered office. Now Malia is headed to Harvard in a year, and Sasha is finishing up her high school career. It is pretty amazing how we all got to watch them grow up and mature through the presidency.  

6. The Power Couple that is Michelle and Barack Obama

This one needs no explanation, I mean just look at the way they look at each other.

7. How Much Our President Loves Golf

I think Obama might love Golf almost as much as he loves his wife (and by almost I mean not that close, because Michelle is by far Obama’s favorite thing in this world).

8. When Obama makes an Emotional Speech

I personally do not see this as a weakness whatsoever. I feel as though when Obama addresses the nation on a sensitive issue, his passion and emotion is only a sign of strength. I for one cried like a baby when I watched The President tear up when he made his infamous “we hear you” speech after the Sandy Hook Tragedy.

9. Halloween at the White House

There is nothing cuter than watching the whole Obama family give out candy to military families, especially how excited Obama got that one time he saw a little boy dressed as the Pope.

10. Obama’s Relationship with Celebrities

He is friends with Jay-z and Beyoncé– need I say more?  

Goodbyes are never easy, especially when it comes to saying goodbye to a really cool president who did a lot to make a change for the better. 

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11