alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A collegiate’s guide to surviving Homecoming: Is Homecoming About to be Lit or Nah?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Homecoming weekend is one of those traditions that many schools have. Homecoming is usually about welcoming former students, supporting sports teams, and really just celebrating the university. However, you know us as students we have turned homecoming into a weekend that’s about having a good time. Being a freshman at UAlbany, I have a few expectations about what my first homecoming SHOULD be like.

1) HAVE FUN

So of course, I expect this to be one of the most fun weekends I have had/going to have. There’s so many events and all of them were not free so I expect to have a good time. Sometimes things aren’t the best, but it’s always good to make the most out of any situation. You might not have a good time if you’re not really trying. I expect myself and the people around me to make the most out of all the WHOLE weekend.

2) BE LIT

I think this one right here is self-explanatory, I’m not going to say much.

3) GVO

For those of you who don’t know, GVO stands for Good Vibes Only. We just need to have good vibes and positive energy. How can it be a good weekend if there’s people complaining and just having a bad attitude the whole time?

4) LOOK GOOD

I mean I’m not going to say I need to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, but I know this is the weekend where I will be seen so go hard or go home okurrrrr.

5) MEET NEW PEOPLE

There will be lots of faces I have never seen before, this could probably start some new relationships.

6) BE SAFE

Last but definitely not least, I expect nothing more from this weekend to just be safe. No matter what myself, anyone I know or do not know will be doing we have to be aware and stay safe as best as we can.

Jada Ryder

Albany '22

Freshman ❤️ Psychology Major
My name is Daria and I am currently a junior at SUNY Albany. I am studying biology and hope to, one day, become a nurse practitioner.