You Never Know Who You Inspire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

All we ever hear about today is how we are being impacted: How do your friends impact you? How does social media impact you? How does your college campus impact you?

We never stop to take a second and think about who WE are impacting. You may be the biggest inspiration to some little girl out there who watched you persevere to perfect that pirouette when you were in 3rd grade. You may have changed someone’s outlook on life by the way you held a smile when going through a rough time. You may have made someone’s month, just by showing you care.  

The possibilities are endless. You have the ability to inspire anyone in any way you choose. Your impact on someone could be direct or indirect—or even accidental.

Most people we think of that make a large impact on the world are in high power. My point, however, proves that any single person (like you collegiate) has the ability to inspire someone today. You are THAT special.

You never know who you inspire. (So go do it!)

Hey guys! My name is Kourtney Jakubowski and I am a sophomore at University of Alabama, I feel so lucky! I came from beautiful San Diego where I learned to keep active and always seek new adventures. College is scary, so I hope to make that transition a little easier! Roll tide
Alabama Contributor