Women in Business Golf Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name of organization: Alabama Women In Business Golf Club

Organization type: Professional development

What is the objective of your organization? To teach women about the sport of golf so that they can use it as a networking tool.

What events do you plan to hold this semester/what is your next even? We have outings at the driving range Friday, March 24th and Friday, March 31st. We also plan on having a day in April where we go and play on the course and have a luncheon afterwards. All of our events are held at Ol’ Colony Golf Course here in Tuscaloosa.  

How can others get involved in your organization? Anyone can get involved by requesting membership on our source page and showing up to any events we hold. What is your favorite part about your organization? 

“Getting out on the range to hit balls and talking with professional women and fellow students is a great stress reliever!” -Taryn Trusty

“Golf has always been a positive influence in my life and has opened up so many doors for me. To be able to use my experience and passion to benefit other girls is not only rewarding, but is also a ton of fun!” -Olivia Ustas

For more information, please contact: Olivia Ustas (President, oaustas@crimson.ua.edu) Taryn Trusty (Vice President, tntrusty@crimson.ua.edu)

Social media handles: https://ua.collegiatelink.net/organization/womeninbusinessgolf

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.