Six Ways to Support Women Worldwide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

FEMINIST APPAREL

The proceeds from the items sold by Feminist Apparel go back to the artists who created the designs featured on the clothes and accessories!

KIVA

Lend $25 to a small businesses run by women all over the world, and once they pay you back, use that $25 to fund another woman’s small business!

GIRLS NOT BRIDES

Girls Not Brides helps prevent child marriages in India by funding women’s small businesses, advocating for laws prohibiting child marriage, and raising awareness about the issue.

DAYS FOR GIRLS

Days for Girls provides education about women’s health and personal hygiene and resources such as pads and tampons in areas of the world where periods are stigmatized. 

INVISIBLE GIRL PROJECT

The Invisible Girl Project combats female gendercide in India through awareness, advocacy, support, and education, both in India and around the world. 

DISTRIBUTING DIGNITY

Distributing Dignity provides tampons and bras to homeless shelters. Volunteers can donate money, drop off supplies at designated locations, or purchase items from the Amazon wishlist.

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.