International Events You Need to Attend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

The international students at UA are an integral part of campus culture. Here are their latest events that you need to go to!

Diwali

October 18th, 7.30-10.30 PM, Ferg Ballroom, $5 tickets

Diwali is the Indian festival of light, and UA’s celebration is a great showcase of Indian culture and tradition without having to leave campus. This event is co-hosted by the International Students Association, the UA South Asian Society and the Honors College Assembly. There will be dance performances and a singing performance, as well as henna tattoos and a saree station where you can try one on! Sitar will cater dinner and you can buy tickets either at the door or prior to the event in the Ferg on October 12, 16, 17 and 18 from 11-1. 

Crimson Culture Gala

November 16th, 7.30 -10.30, Smith Hall

The Crimson Culture Gala is a formal event that promotes a blend of culture. This event is co-hosted by the International Students Association, the UA South Asian Society and the Honors College Assembly. Come dressed to impress or in clothes that reflect your culture. There will be organizations tabling at the event with entertainment and food, including Blend, the Hispanic-Latino Association, the African Students Association, the Caribbean Students Association, and Italian Club.

International Coffee Hour

every Friday, 11.30-1

International Coffee Hour is hosted by International Students and Scholar Services. Come to BB Comer and get some food and great friends!

International Study Break

every Monday from 6.30-8.30 in the Source Lounge

International Study Break, hosted by the International Students Association, is meant to  promote a relationship between international and domestic students. During the study break, they play board games, facilitate discussions, and sometimes partner with other organizations!

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.