How-To: Dress for Colder Football Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Now that fall is upon us and temperatures are getting a bit more chilled, it’s time to change out of your gameday dresses and into something more weather appropriate. Just because you can’t wear your sundresses and open-toe flats doesn’t mean that you can’t go to the game in style! Here are three ideas of what you can wear to the rest of Alabama’s games—and the SEC Championship in Atlanta!

This outfit includes one of this year’s favorite fabrics—chiffon. Not only is it fashion forward, it feels great! Paired with some gold jewelry to match the studs on the color of the shirt, you’ll be showing off a bit of bright hardware without seeming too flashy. Along with a pair of bright jeans, choose a tone of red to show off a bit of school spirit, you’ll be warm enough to cheer through the entire game.

Seen in picture:

Large Rivet Collar Chiffon Shirt, $38 – choies.com

DKNY Jeans Skinny Red Wash Jeans, $69 – macys.com

Liz Palacios Crystal Bedrock Stretch Bracelet, $70 – maxandchloe.com

Skinny Mini Pearl Drop Earrings, $58 – katespade.com

Who doesn’t love wearing sweaters when the temperatures drop? With this Forever 21 sweater, you’ll be looking stylish without breaking the bank. With a little bit of jewelry, dark wash jeans and riding boots, you’ll be getting as much attention as our current national champions.

Seen in picture:

Forever 21 Striped Buttoned Shoulder Sweater, $20 – forever21.com

Verne Ashby Jeans, $120 – allsaints.com

Michael Kors Love Knot Ring, $65 – bloomingdales.com

Tory Burch Calista Riding Boot Black Leather, $495 – jildorshoes.com

If you’re wanting to look and feel like a class act while waving your shaker, this outfit will be right up your alley. While this outfit sticks with neutrals such as tan, white and black, it gives you a nice pop of color with the Vermillion cape that would go perfect over a white or black top. The Stella & Dot bracelet adds a final touch of glimmer to an already beautiful outfit.

Seen in picture:

Vermillion Versatile Cape, $50 – chicwish.com

Levi’s Modern Rise Bold Curve Skinny Jean, $100  – harrods.com

1. Stella & Dot Hope Bracelet – Rose Gold, $32 – stelladot.com

BURBERRY LONDON Camel Check Giant Icon Cashmere Scarf, $470 – stylebop.com

H By Halston Kelli Over The Knee Riding Boot, $120 – bakersshoes.com

Jessica Johnson is a senior at The University of Alabama double majoring in English Studies and Communication Studies while minoring in Creative Writing. Avid reader, writer and one-man band, Jessica is always working on a project of some sort. After spending summer 2011 interning with Atlanta's Q100 morning radio show (and waking up at 3:30am to dress for work) she has a new respect for early birds. When not playing with her three rescued mutts, you'll find her at Gallettes sippin' on a Yellow Hammer screaming ROLL TIDE ROLL!!