Brianna Zarrinfar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Brianna Zarrinfar

Hometown: Livermore, CA

Major: Biology

Relationship Status: HappyFavorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Glory BoundWhat has your experience been like as an out-of-state student? “As an out of state student at a school filled with out of state kids I have really enjoyed getting to know people from all over the country.  I’ve learned a lot about other people and myself from the experience.”

What do you miss most about California? “The city, nothing compares to a beautiful day in San Francisco.”

What clubs are you involved in? “I’m involved with AED and Tri-Beta and I serve as the secretary of the National Society of Leadership.”

What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? “The sisterhood, the friendships I have made through Sigma Delta Tau are unlike any I have ever had and I have met some of my best friends through it.  These girls make Sig Delt my home away from home.”If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “Rocky Road, lots of ups and downs but always sweet.”

What’s your favorite part about being at Alabama? “Being at a school like Alabama has opened so many doors for me academically, socially, and personally.  Alabama offers so many opportunities so I always feel like I can do whatever it is I want to.”

Who is your celebrity crush? Justin Bieber 

Describe yourself in three words. Funny, Intelligent, Sassy

What do you think is your best quality? “I’m very go with the flow because in college you have to be!”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.