Ally Jevens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Ally Jevens

Hometown: San Jose, CA

Major: Social Work with minors in Special Needs and Psychology

Relationship status: Single

Favorite band: “Walk the Moon, all of their songs are amazing. It’s hard to find a band where I love every single one of their songs but for them I do.”

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Taco Mama

Why did you choose your major? “I came in as a nursing major, but soon decided it wasn’t the path for me. But I realized Social Work is nursing without the blood and have been in love with it ever since I switched.”

What is your favorite part about being in a sorority? “I love the fact that even though I came from out-of-state knowing no one, I instantly got 400+ sisters who would do anything for me, talk with me, love on me, and hang with me, whenever I needed. It’s so great to have the support far from home.”

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “That really good Ben & Jerry’s with the fudge bits and cookie dough. That stuff is my life.”

Who is your celebrity crush? Chris Pratt

Who is your favorite One Direction member? Harry Styles

What do you like to do in your free time? “I like to hang out with my friends and sisters, watch Netflix, and cook with my roommates.”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “Don’t overthink and jump the gun, all good things come to those who give faith a chance.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.