This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Getting tired of only shopping at Lululemon for cute workout clothes? Or just can’t afford to be spending 100$ on pants you’re ultimately going to sweat in? For college students, money doesn’t grow on trees and neither do a good pair of yoga pants. Here are some good ideas for alternatives:

Athleta: Athleta has one of the largest selections of active wear; they have different styles that will be sure to please any customer. My fave are their leggings. They fit just like Lululemon, where you can wear them to be casual and not feel like they’re suffocating you, or wear them to the gym.

Lucy: The price ranks pretty comparable to Lululemon but if you go to the sale section the clothes are a bargain. Easy to find too because they are sold right here in Tuscaloosa at DICK’s!

CALIA by Carrie Underwood: Also sold at DICK’s I found this brand over winter break and fell in love. It was designed by country singer Carrie Underwood so you know it gives off a confidence and style that will have heads turning. Their color palette revolves around dark colors which is very slimming and trendy.

Zella: A clothing line sold at Nordstrom, featuring cozy activewear for all shapes and sizes. Their leggings are one of the only pairs I can run in and not have to stop on the side of the road and take a huge jump to pull them up.

Gapfit: Like Athleta but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg? Then Gapfit is the place for you! It’s clothing is also made by Gap and is as high quality as Athleta. Their clothes are super simple and can easily be paired with a large t-shirt and some fun nikes.

Target Champion: The perfect excuse to buy workout clothes while grocery shopping has arrived! These clothes are simple yet extremely comfortable. Their sports bra’s are a must for comfy days and their tops are versatile enough to be able to wear with many different outfits. Just stop by the active wear section in Target on your next grocery shopping trip to get your clothes for a campus ready look!

Express: Have a wild side? Didn’t know express sold athletic clothes? Well neither did I! The store’s athletic apparel is exactly like their regular day wear: Fun, sexy, and professional (depending on what look you’re going for).

Old Navy: Cheap, trendy, and good quality. You can always count on Old Navy to have good deals/sales and now that’s not just limited to day wear. Old navy, Gap, and Athleta are all made by the same company! So if you know you like either Gap or Athleta, I recommend you check out Old navy for their low prices every day.

So get to shopping and good luck finding the perfect outfits to go running on the riverwalk, have cozy netflix days, and even those dreaded 30 minute walks to campus in 20 degree weather!

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.