5 Awesome Fall Recipes to Make Over Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

One of the things I miss about being home the most is being able to cook or bake whenever I want. So I’m for sure going to make the most of my time at home by trying out some fall recipes. First up, I’m thinking a little pumpkin chocolate chip cookie. This recipe is fast, easy, AND absolutely delectable, which is the perfect combination for a fall cookie.

Source: Iheartnaptime.net

Or, If you’re not a pumpkin person, these apple crisp shortbread bars are also a straightforward and delicious fall treat! I’m personally always a fan of the brown sugar streusel topping featured in this dish. I‘ll definitely throw on a warm caramel drizzle on top of these beautiful bars. Bonus points if you pick the apples used from an orchard!

Source: Soberjulie.com

If you’re looking for something to snack on, this recipe for a harvest-themed Chex mix is perfect! This mix is different because aside from the regular Chex cereal, it contains candy corn and pumpkins, pretzels, Reese’s pieces, and Bugles to look like cornucopias. Ingredients can be swapped out to make it your own, like with M&Ms instead of Reese’s pieces or a different type of cereal instead of Chex. The possibilities are endless!

Source: Onelittleproject.com

If you’re looking to make a meal, it’s hard to top a warm soup. There’s always something very comforting about making a warm and hearty soup after a cold day outside. This next recipe, for Beefy Tomato Soup, is almost like a much more pleasurable version of Beefaroni that we ate as kids. Also, it’s super easy to make and will impress any dinner guests you have.

Source: mantitlement.com

With all this food, I’m sure you’ll be getting pretty thirsty! Next, I have a delightful Spiced Caramel Apple Cider to keep you warm. This recipe is very simple, and only requires 4 ingredients. You’ll need apple cider, caramel topping, apple pie spice, and vanilla extract. And, you can always add on some whipped cream and extra caramel drizzle to make it even better!

Source: mccormick.com

Hope you have so much fun making these recipes! Remember that making them with friends and families is even more rewarding so that you can spend time with them AND get some wonderful food out of it. Happy cooking!

Meg Woodard is a student at the University of Alabama studying environmental science and political science.
Alabama Contributor